Tabletop Escape

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 13, 2014 4:04 am
As more and more bad and depressing things happen in the world, the more I realize just how much I depend on gaming to not only escape from reality for a short time, but also to remind myself that not all people are bad.

Just a thought.
Dec 13, 2014 4:40 am
I've found a few resources for restoring my faith in humanity. Reddit's /r/Upliftingnews is a good one.

But I agree, the escapism and the camaraderie are a big part of why I play tabletop.
Dec 16, 2014 3:23 am
Programming is my creativity outlet, but games are how I get away from things. RPGs in particular let me experience a different world, which we all need at some point.
Dec 17, 2014 2:49 am
Funny, after 25+ years of writing code, it's no longer the creative outlet for me that it once was, so I now depend on gaming for that. Have a fairly decent group that we game with once a week or so and it's just a fun time. Good group of people, good way to forget about whatever crap is out there.

I've just recently returned to reading through RPG stuff and it's been a lot of fun. I forgot how much I liked looking through my old AD&D stuff when I was a kid...
Last edited December 17, 2014 3:08 am
Jul 7, 2015 4:02 am
Yeah and it's better than video games for me. Tabletop games create a social adhesive. You've always got a reason to get together with your friends and have fun.
Last edited July 7, 2015 4:02 am
Jul 7, 2015 2:18 pm
I read the science news. It's always interesting and usually optimistic. There are going to be some cool things coming in the next few years.
Jul 7, 2015 7:51 pm
Like Hololens and Project Tango mixed with tabletop gaming? They have me salivating at the possibilities. Actually we are going to be talking about the Digital Revolution in tabletop gaming this Wednesday, the 8th, with Rohit himself. If you want to catch the live show and weigh in as well, it begins at 9 PM EST on http://www.twitch.tv/rolecasters

You do not have permission to post in this thread.