Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings

load previous
Sep 14, 2017 9:11 am
Noticing the missing goblin, Urthask mutters, "I knew I should have split that one in two. I say we hand the young over to the these females and move on."
Sep 14, 2017 1:41 pm
Ryco stands and gathers up the third goblin child "As far as I'm concerned, those females are part of the problem; they were here, they could of at least attempted to care for these children and until I hear otherwise, I will not willingly leave the children here to just be thrown back in a cage filled with their own excrement and are neglected for who knows how long. No one is born bad, they are molded into it. We've been given a chance to show that, to help give these young ones a happy life; they just need to be shown what love is." He gives one of the goblin children a kiss on the top of the head "I will not steal a child from their birth mother though, if they can prove to me they'll give them a life that isn't miserable." He joins Shadow in the room.
Sep 14, 2017 1:48 pm
The females cower, then look to the defeated bugbear and nod, "We help. What need?"
Sep 14, 2017 11:41 pm
Shadow watches them carefully as she asks, "We find children, babies. Where mothers?"
Last edited September 14, 2017 11:41 pm
Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm
"We mothers. Chief take away, put in cages. Keeps us in here for fun time," one of the females replies after a moment.
Sep 16, 2017 6:04 pm
Shadow frowns darkly, "Fun time for chief, not fun time for mothers. You take your children. We take them out of cages, clean them. We help you, help your children. You help us." Shadow unslings the infant from her side and proffers it to the females.

She looks to Ryco beside her and gently prompts, "You need to give the children to their mothers, Ryco. They can care for them better than we can."
Sep 16, 2017 8:30 pm
Ryco looks at both the goblin children then to Shadow before stepping forward and kneeling to place them in front of the goblin mothers. He turns his body, giving a clear view of the bugbear, and throws his hand back to point at it. Without breaking eye contact with the mothers "Do not send your children down that path; show the world your race isn't a complete blight. Raise them right, feed them right. Do not throw them in cages, left to be forgotten in their own waste, waiting to succumb to their hunger or thirst."

Ryco stands and places his hands on each side of a goblin child head, he leans in and kisses the top of it's head "Shower it with love; do not disappoint me." He stands, giving the goblin child's head a tousle, then turns and makes his way back to the doorway, his eyes a hint watery than before.
Sep 16, 2017 8:41 pm
The mothers each grab a child and begin checking them over. After they've looked them over, they look up and speak, "Where we go? Can't stay here."
Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Not understanding what is being said but recognizing that the halfling and human are passing the children off to the goblin females Gongar settles himself then looks to them My name is Gongar, and my large friend here as I mentioned is named Urthask, we haven't had the pleasure of your names and why you are here in this forsaken fort.
Last edited September 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Sep 19, 2017 2:05 pm
As he is addressed, Ryco wipes away the tear that has found its way down his face and, while he smiles softly at both of them, his eyes linger on Urthask "Ryco," He places a hand on his chest before sweeping it to the halfling talking to the goblins "and Shadow. I believe our reason was mentioned briefly before but we were here as prisoners. We are looking for my mule before we found the children and you. You haven't happened to find my mule, have you? Not only does it have most my things but it could prove helpful with transporting your fallen."
Sep 19, 2017 2:39 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to HypCo
Sep 19, 2017 3:00 pm
HypCo sent a note to Naatkinson
Sep 19, 2017 5:18 pm
"We've seen no mules. These accursed passageways are so narrow I've also been forced to abandon my mount."
Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm
A sly smile crosses Ryco's face as a thought pops into his head but, in the current circumstances, he pushes it aside and instead opts for a nod and another soft smile. "Forced to be without your mount; abandonment is permanency. Positive thoughts, my king of kings."
Sep 19, 2017 11:54 pm
Shadow stays focused on the goblins. "Where come from? Where home?"
Sep 19, 2017 11:55 pm
"This home, we live here always."
Sep 19, 2017 11:58 pm
"Why can't stay here?"
Sep 20, 2017 12:20 pm
"Who keep safe? We not fight. Demon lady kill us?"
Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm
Seeing Shadow continue to talk with the goblins Whats the matter? Why aren't they leaving?
load next

Thread locked