WoD: Wraith the Oblivion 2e game?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 10, 2020 10:53 pm
Recently bought some WoD books and would like to try running wraith. I'm a new storyteller, but what better way to learn than by diving in. Thinking it would be set in 1990's Seattle as a tribute to grunge. I'm open to suggestions of course, if there's interest.
Jun 10, 2020 11:16 pm
If you need another player, but I have a lot of games on my plate.

Though curious how you would be doing the shadow aspect, would that still be assigned to other players. (If that is still in 2e)
Jun 11, 2020 1:06 pm
I haven't played any WoD game before (though I've read some Chronicles of Darkness stuff -- but none of the older stuff), but if you're open to a total newbie, I'm definitely interested! I looked up Wraith: The Oblivion, and the concept sounds awesome.
Jun 11, 2020 1:11 pm
I'm interested, but I'd be a new player. I've played most of the WOD games, but it's been literal decades since then.
Jun 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Ok cool, I honestly did not think there would be any interest, given that Wraith was the least successful of the old WoD lines. Shadows would have to be played by another PC, that is correct. I am still reading up on Wraith, but have a good understanding so far. I don't mind new players at all, as I am new too, but I think we would have to use a Custom sheet, as the one here is for new WoD.

That being said if you 3 are up to play, I can set up a game by tomorrow. I do wanna see if anyone else is interested too. I don't know why, but Wraith has always appealed to me, more than say Vampire, Mage or Werewolf. But this looks good so far thanks guys.
Jun 11, 2020 9:00 pm
No problem, thanks for setting a game up.
Jun 11, 2020 9:00 pm
Here's the link for the book too:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/351/Wraith-the-Oblivion-2nd-Edition?src=hottest_filtered
Jun 11, 2020 9:31 pm
Might I just chime in to recommend that you guys have a very solid Session Zero discussion about tone and themes.

Wraith can be... very dark. So it's one of those games that's critical to have a crystal clear mutual understanding amongst everyone, in advance, about what is in and out of bounds.
Jun 11, 2020 9:34 pm
Yes thanks, there's the Lines and Veils. And Wraith the Oblivion is a dark game, so I will definitely be speaking with the players beforehand. I understand where you're coming from and thanks for the heads up!
Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Thanks, Azerin! I’ll start reading the book. :)
Jun 11, 2020 11:00 pm
Ok cool Ranimara! I'm going to bed soon, but we can chat more tomorrow thanks.
Jun 12, 2020 11:33 am
Ranimara, I invited you to the game, so accept when you can thanks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.