PROPAGANDA [A Shadowrun 5e campaign]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 27, 2020 3:54 am
I'm drafting a Shadowrun 5e campaign.

Setting is in Manila, Philippines (20XX)
An impoverished nation with a puppet government controlled by several mega corporations: Wuxing(China), Renraku(Japan), Lone Star(USA), Saeder-Krupp(Germany).

- Drug trade is rampant despite the autocratic rule of the government that allowed the police force to 'purge' down drug users.
- It is an open secret that Philippines is a testing ground for new weapons and 'substances' and also that the country one large organ farm of the four corporations.

* Yes, pretty much I'm basing a lot on Philippine history and politics so this can get very political.
* "Gates of hell" - That's how Dan Brown described Manila. For a lot of reasons, it is.

https://external-preview.redd.it/Pdnb5Z78K0l1d4ttf6QFt0GBBKWaUJ1e9njuhy2MncQ.jpg?auto=webp&s=7efaf361257523753f9840b52d2820f95fc5b0ca
Manila 2077 by Benjamin Pangan III
Jun 27, 2020 4:05 am
Would be interested. Will admit don't have much knowledge on the Philippines but will happily read up on the country.
Last edited June 27, 2020 4:16 am
Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am
This sounds pretty awesome! I'm interested.
Jun 27, 2020 4:39 am
Here's a link to a brief history: LINK
Well it's not that accurate but pretty much it did cover how Philippines was colonized by different countries (that affects the culture of colonial mentality in the country). You might get lost if you dig too deep in PH History since a lot of fake news peddlers are spreading unverified content in the internet that aim for historical revisionism so beware of those.

Present time events in PH that might affect the timeline: there's still insurgency and resistance from communist rebels, US still meddle with PH affairs, China and PH have a territorial dispute but PH is indebted with China (then the pandemic happened and so the country had to borrow more money).
Last edited June 27, 2020 4:40 am
Jun 27, 2020 5:03 am
Cheers for the link, and advice, will bear that in mind if I need to look something up.
Jun 27, 2020 5:38 am
Would be interesting to play. I lived in Philippines for 10+ years. Not in Manila, but I traveled there every year.
Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am
I invited you on the game, so we can talk about characters and stuff while I prepare.
Here's the link: https://gamersplane.com/games/2634/
Jun 27, 2020 7:53 am
I'm interested as well. Sent an application to join.
Jun 27, 2020 4:35 pm
Would be interested in this as well
Jun 28, 2020 3:14 am
I'd totally be interested in this. I spend 1.5 years in the Leyte/Samar region, and would love to bring that to the game. :)
Jun 28, 2020 3:20 am
Mr.Armitage says:
I'd totally be interested in this. I spend 1.5 years in the Leyte/Samar region, and would love to bring that to the game. :)
I'll send an invite then :)
Jul 1, 2020 8:39 pm
I applied to join the game. I haven't played the new version of Shadowrun, but I played earlier editions 20-25 years ago. I lived in Manila (Makati City) from 2006-2009 and would love to play a game set in the Philippines.
Jul 4, 2020 4:52 pm
Are you all full on players or do you have room for more? I've never played Shadowrun and have been looking for a chance to try it, myself.

EDIT: Ah, nope. Just found your game in the games browser and you are indeed full up. NEvermind, then! Have fun!
Last edited July 4, 2020 4:59 pm
Jul 20, 2020 9:16 am
1 Slot open for a Shadowrunner willing to work for a drug syndicate :)
Jul 20, 2020 10:15 am
Hey there! I will admit I'm pretty green to 5e Shadowrun, but I have a few of the 5th edition books and Chummer, and have cobbled up a character in the past. I really like the setting and played a few of the Shadowrun videogames (and similarly inspired, such as Deus Ex) so I am not green as to what it's about. If you are OK with a greener person, I have applied to your game.
Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm
Khulod says:
Hey there! I will admit I'm pretty green to 5e Shadowrun, but I have a few of the 5th edition books and Chummer, and have cobbled up a character in the past. I really like the setting and played a few of the Shadowrun videogames (and similarly inspired, such as Deus Ex) so I am not green as to what it's about. If you are OK with a greener person, I have applied to your game.
I approved your application :)
Jul 21, 2020 3:09 pm
If you have any drop outs please let me know, I love SR and your setting sounds fun and unique!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.