Shadowrun 4e: Tokyo Death Squad

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 30, 2020 8:17 am
Just curious if anyone would be interested in playing SR 4e set in Tokyo? I am still learning the system, but figured it would be good to run a game. Might even do 500 Build Points just to make it more enticing. Thoughts?
Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am
Coincidentally I just ran one in Tokyo using 6e. Wanted to wish you a great game! And feel free to drop me a note if you're learning the system and have any questions.
Jun 30, 2020 9:32 am
I'm interested. (Am also hosting a Shadowrun 5e game now, with Manila as the setting.)
Jun 30, 2020 11:25 am
I've never messed with 4th edition Shadowrun, but I'd be interested.
Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm
I have a lot of experience with 4E, and would be happy to join in the game to help any/everyone learn, and to play.
Jun 30, 2020 3:00 pm
LOL.. I'm now struggling to learn shadowrun 5e...
Jul 1, 2020 12:06 am
Ok guys thanks, it all sounds good. I can set up a game, but posting will be slower. Also, there are times where I am away from my computer for 2 or 3 days, but if you all are patient, we can do this. I have a good amount of books for 4e and know it ok, but I want to get more experience with it too. So any help is good too. Thanks.
Jul 1, 2020 12:13 am
How different is 4e to 5e? As know 5e a bit, butmay not want to learn a new system right now as already trying to learn Lancer and Wraith
Jul 1, 2020 12:57 am
Light of Midnight, sorry I don't know 5e at all, so not sure the differences.

Grey Griffin, sorry what do you mean by setup?
Jul 1, 2020 1:06 am
LightOfMidnight says:
How different is 4e to 5e? As know 5e a bit, butmay not want to learn a new system right now as already trying to learn Lancer and Wraith
The character creation system is vastly different. Initiative works very differently. Magic vs. ware is balanced very differently. Hacking works very differently. But beyond all that, it's basically the same: roll a number of d6 = Attribute+Skill+Modifiers.
Jul 1, 2020 8:47 am
BedzoneII says:
Coincidentally I just ran one in Tokyo using 6e. Wanted to wish you a great game! And feel free to drop me a note if you're learning the system and have any questions.
Ok cool thanks, crazy we both picked Tokyo. Have you played 4e before?
Jul 1, 2020 10:29 am
Sorry guys, I've changed my mind about running Shadowrun right now. Maybe in the future sometime.
Jul 2, 2020 3:52 am
Yes I've played all the versions, some more than others.

Just saw you'd changed your mind. SR seems less suited to PbP, I'm inclined to conclude.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.