IC: Sentinels Comics RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 25, 2020 5:50 am
It looks like the final version of the Sentinels Comics RPG is off to the printers, so it should be coming out relatively soon. What better time to try it out and learn the system? I have the starter kit and would be interested in giving it a try before deciding whether to buy the whole enchilada or not. Anybody else want to give it a spin?

Systemwise, the game uses a customized version of the Cortex rules, where characters have dice pools built from Powers, Qualities (skills and inherent abilities), and Status (roughly how messed up you are). But it also incorporates a number of Fate like elements as well, so if you're familiar with either of those systems it should be easy to pick up.

The starter kit uses pre-gen heroes from the Sentinels pantheon and includes 6 short-ish adventures. If this sounds kind of cool, and you're willing to put up with a GM that's learning the system at the same time you are, let me know!
Aug 25, 2020 6:06 am
This sounds quite cool to me! I'd be up for it.
Aug 25, 2020 8:32 am
I'd love to try it too, I've been interested in learning more Cortex * (but skip me over if there's lots of interest, I'm in lots of games already).

* I did run a Supernatural RPG campaign for a year, which also used Cortex, but that was seven or eight years ago.
Aug 25, 2020 11:45 pm
Hey Guys,
I like the Comic Book genre and have many fond memories playing Champions at the tabletop. I would be interested in playing a light-hearted slap-sticky game.
Steve
Aug 26, 2020 1:07 pm
Three seems like a good number. If you all want to give it a go, Ill set it up.
Aug 27, 2020 6:57 am
Okey dokey, invites are sent! See you on the other side!
Aug 27, 2020 10:38 am
I'm keen too or am I too late?
Aug 27, 2020 10:58 am
Not at all, come on down!
Aug 27, 2020 12:12 pm
If you end up needing another player I'll certainly give it a spin! Thanks.
Aug 30, 2020 5:09 am
I would love to give it a try if there are openings. I've only played dnd 5e before, but am open to learning new games!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.