Sentinel Comics RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 2, 2020 1:27 pm
Hi.

I was wondering if there would be interest in a Sentinel Comics game. The game isn't officially out yet, so could be just a shot in the dark.

I would also like to use the setting creation elements in the Spectaculars RPG instead of running it in the Sentinels of the Multiverse setting.
Nov 2, 2020 3:13 pm
I LOVE the card game. I think I would be interested potentially.
Nov 4, 2020 10:08 am
Well it is a pretty simple system. You roll 3 dice (one power, one quality and one based on the severity of the scene) and use the middle result. Then you have some abilities that let you use the maximum result or use the minimum result as well for a secondary effect. It's quite similar to the Cortex system in how you build a dice pool.

Character creation is fun as well. You have four segments to your character. Background, Power Source, Archetype and Personality. They all give you powers, qualities (skills really) and abilities. You can either choose in each category or roll randomly.

KCC

Nov 4, 2020 10:11 am
Hello!

I can try this out, if it goes ahead!! Let me know!
Nov 4, 2020 10:33 am
It sounds really interesting. I wish I could join but right now, I already have enough games going on to keep me busy. Good luck with it though!
Nov 4, 2020 4:44 pm
I'm potentially interested in a superhero game, but I am unfamiliar with sentinel comics. Can you give me a quick round of the setting?
Nov 4, 2020 4:57 pm
I would def be interested in playing.
Nov 4, 2020 9:56 pm
Im interested in joining too, i have to learn the system and can post 1-2 times a day. If that’s ok with you count me in
Nov 5, 2020 9:30 am
optimumsquare says:
I'm potentially interested in a superhero game, but I am unfamiliar with sentinel comics. Can you give me a quick round of the setting?
The setting is pretty optimistic and 4-color. But what I'm proposing is to use the system in a setting we'll come up with ourselves. The game Spectaculars have a series of question prompts to create a comic book-like setting. Where you answers questions about how people look at heroes, how grim the setting is and similar. So the setting would be tailored to whoever ends up playing.
Nov 5, 2020 2:39 pm
I went ahead and made a game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.