Interest Check | For Gold & Glory (AD&D 2e clone)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2020 6:57 am
Hey everyone, putting out feelers, again, to see who'd be down to play For Gold & Glory, the free AD&D 2e clone on drivethrurpg.

I'm not looking to start anything soon, just wondering who'd be interested in playing and what you'd like to play.
Basically, we could go homebrew or have an already written world. Maybe even take ours and just *poof* make it all magical and stuff. I also have a world I'd love to play around in, but I'd have to convert it down from 5e.

Would people want something low fantasy, or go a bit higher? That's also a contributing factor.

If there's any questions, please ask. I'm kinda frazzled rn, so mental processes are kinda crap rn.

Len

Nov 4, 2020 7:49 am
I'm very interested in trying older versions of d&d. Probably can't commit to it until February and I don't expect you to wait around for me, but I wanted to reply to help you guage the popularity for the idea.

I'd be interested in more traditional fantasy, like the Lankhmar, City of Adventure setting or something more wild like Planescape.
Nov 4, 2020 8:00 am
For Gold & Glory is a nice set of complete rules.
Nov 4, 2020 9:18 am
I'd definitely be interested.

KCC

Nov 4, 2020 9:31 am
I’d certainly give it a go!
Nov 4, 2020 9:56 pm
Somehow a better turn out than last time I gauged interest :p

Alright then. Guess I'll go ahead and start brainstorming some things then.
Len, if the game is still going by then, and I sincerely wish to see it to completion, you're welcome to join. Though, when the game itself will start is up in the air. Could be later in the month, next week, or next month.
All depends on my progress.
Nov 5, 2020 1:52 am
I think to keep things a bit orderly, I'm going to go ahead at make a game for it. I'll edit in the link to it after it's created.
It'll be there, for now, to keep everyone in the loop and give me ideas of what they'd like to play. I've already got a world on the mind, but I can swap it depending on how people feel about low fantasy stuff.

I'll invite everyone who has so far given a response to this post, and shall admit any other interested parties should the need arise.

To the game
Last edited November 5, 2020 1:58 am
Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm
Greetings again, everyone!

To those looking to play ad&d 2e, albeit a free clone of said edition, then this is your lucky (insert weekday here)!

Our game is in need of up to two additional players as one had to bow out and another will be joining in February. As such, the hunt for new people will go on until the end of the month as the game has be paused until we have replenished the party.

The game is still very fresh as far as gameplay goes. The only major event that's happened so far (as it's the only event so far) is that after dispatching a group of kobolds, the party found medallions that represent a particular demon lord.
The game itself takes place in the world of Theria, the world used by Dungeons & Randomness and created by it's dm. It's a bit of a cruel place, but people try to eke out their silver linings. It's been adapted, for the most part, down from 5e.

The current party consists of a half-elf druid, a minotaur fighter, with a dwarf fighter coming in.

You don't need to make a whole character just yet, just a concept so I know what's rolling around. Additionally, I realized I didn't make something clear in the game thread, so I'll correct it here and there: races are not restricted to classes, nor are classes restricted to levels in the same manner. So if you want to play a class your chosen race wouldn't normally allow, you can. And if a level limit is placed on any classes allowed in the first place, that limit is ignored. You still will need to meet the requirements for everything, however, I will allow just taking the baseline stats when you join.

Looking forward to seeing any interested parties!
Jan 16, 2021 2:35 pm
I have an interest in playing a human transmuter, if that would mesh with the party. Still level 1?
Jan 16, 2021 6:38 pm
I'd be up for this. Started gaming with BECMI, and then 2e. Count me in. Have to think about race, but if we've got two fighters, a druid, and possibly a mage, I can go for some variety of rogue, I suppose, or maybe a cleric if you'd prefer.
Jan 19, 2021 5:34 am
Hey if you still have an opening I would love to play.
Jan 31, 2021 7:50 am
Hey, just wanted to let people know that I'm still alive.

We're starting at lvl 2 actually to give a smidge more survivability. And if anything, I might just take you three in. Safety in numbers will benefit a party in a harsh land. I'll send out invites soon.
Jan 31, 2021 8:39 am
Pokes to be sure if your still alive..
Jan 31, 2021 12:51 pm
Very cool! Do you need an elven thief? A human illusionist? A dwarven cleric?
Last edited February 2, 2021 12:46 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.