Traits:
Emphasis
Endurance:
Will:
Damage:

Experience:
Advancement:
Nov 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Greetings! I have a template up, and there are links above to the Quickstart rules and to the Drivethru RPG site for the rules.

For those that want to look at the full rules and do not have access to them, send me a PM and I can let you borrow a look at mine as long as you promise to actually purchase it from the publisher if this is a game and system that intrigues you. I support a great many publishers and writers and encourage all of us in the hobby to do the same - resources permitting, of course.

That being said, anyone have any thoughts on a type of character they'd be interested in?
Nov 12, 2020 7:32 pm
Hey great see see how much you’ve set up so far. I’m going to be reading through all of this, and grabbing the quick start too. I’ll have an idea of what type of character tomorrow I reckon.
Nov 12, 2020 7:59 pm
I've got the book, and I'm look at the options in more detail tonight, then post my preliminary concept.
Nov 12, 2020 8:14 pm
I bought the book, the quick start hooked me in. The gutter mage or a man in black look fun
Nov 12, 2020 10:26 pm
Glad to see you guys have jumped in!

I'll be doing more and better things when I'm off starting on Sunday. My work days can be unpredictable, and I have to do game stuff when i can fit things in. But, more is coming, both here and to the support site at Scabard!
Nov 13, 2020 12:21 am
Having reviewed the book, I think every sample concept is great. I think I'll lean toward a Changeling Magician, a fortune teller who seeks the answers to a troubling vision he's had.
Nov 13, 2020 12:31 am
Qralloq says:
Having reviewed the book, I think every sample concept is great. I think I'll lean toward a Changeling Magician, a fortune teller who seeks the answers to a troubling vision he's had.
Interesting concept! There are a number of possibilities that lie in such a thing.
Nov 13, 2020 6:46 am
I’m leaning towards a gutter mage investigator. Policeman who has picked up some magic along the way.

KCC

Nov 13, 2020 8:34 am
Interesting book. Read it while traveling to work just now.

Sounds like we have a Magician and a Gutter Mage.

Will they be joining the Merlin Faction and the P Division?

How do they feel about those factions?

Things I highlighted were:

Academic Wizard, which I will skip.
Dhampir
St Bede, maybe an exorcist or something
Investigator, which I’ll skip.
Werewolf
Last edited November 13, 2020 8:36 am
Nov 13, 2020 11:18 am
Yeah I’m looking at P division investigator, gutter mage by learning on the fly, trying to keep his scant magical skills a secret in case the college finds out. Or the men in black

KCC

Nov 13, 2020 11:28 am
TheFoxofFinch says:
Yeah I’m looking at P division investigator, gutter mage by learning on the fly, trying to keep his scant magical skills a secret in case the college finds out. Or the men in black
"Here come the Men in Black." - Your Character.
Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm
Hey cdwjava I know the basic guidelines only seem to have werewolves -- but the Shapechange ability seems to imply just about any animal form (or multiple animal forms) is obtainable. Is that correct?

Regardless the guidelines do not include the hybrid form -- aka Human Form - Animal Form - Hybrid Form (aka like the typical werewolf you would see in the movies) -- how would that be obtained and/or can it ??
Last edited November 13, 2020 4:26 pm
Nov 13, 2020 7:04 pm
DeJoker says:
Hey cdwjava I know the basic guidelines only seem to have werewolves -- but the Shapechange ability seems to imply just about any animal form (or multiple animal forms) is obtainable. Is that correct?

Regardless the guidelines do not include the hybrid form -- aka Human Form - Animal Form - Hybrid Form (aka like the typical werewolf you would see in the movies) -- how would that be obtained and/or can it ??
Hey, DeJoker,

Yes, "Shapechange" allows for one single animal shape. And, while a hybrid form is not immediately permitted in the rules, I think an easy fix to that might be to permit a hybrid through the expenditure of a point of Will. Now, it would have to possess all or most of the same penalties as the Animal form, or it might create a "best of both worlds" scenario. But, for the right expenditure of Will, anything might be possible.

I will peruse some of the other books and also post a query to the discussion site for Liminal and see if there are some good ideas already out there. Otherwise, let's say consider 2 options: Option A, create a hybrid form for 1 Will that possesses the same +2 Skills and mechanical penalties as the animal form; or, Option B, a Shapechanger (already spending for the 2 point Trait) can spend an additional point for a hybrid form that may trade off some of the advantages and penalties - and look rather monstrous. I can post a suggested rule and we can discuss it in another thread if that sounds good? Let me know if either of these options sounds good for the interim, and I will look into the issue and see if there are some ideas floating around elsewhere that work.

Short answer, yes, we can do a hybrid ... we'll work on the mechanics.
Nov 13, 2020 7:06 pm
TheFoxofFinch says:
A P Division character benefits from already having their ear to the ground among the Hidden World, and can make getting them involved relatively easy. There are also benefits and perks to being with them ... and, obligations! :)
Nov 13, 2020 7:20 pm
I submitted my changeling, Sprout Simon.

I'll work on a background for him, too, including the bad-omen vision
Nov 13, 2020 8:11 pm
Qralloq says:
I submitted my changeling, Sprout Simon.

I'll work on a background for him, too, including the bad-omen vision
Looks good. I'll approve him in a minute.

Do you have a picture or image for Sprout?

Any thoughts on this artefact?

It'll be interesting that he can't easily lie! Kinda hard to be a charlatan fortune teller when you have to play it straight!

When you come up with a background, think also of how he makes his living. Does he barely make it by? Does he do okay? What are his living arrangements? The usual ... :)
Nov 13, 2020 9:46 pm
Image is on the character sheet.

Artefact is maybe a crystal ball, maybe a tarot deck. I haven't decided. Something showy for the mark.

It's not a lie if you believe it, or choose your words cleverly!
Nov 13, 2020 10:17 pm
Qralloq says:
Image is on the character sheet.

Artefact is maybe a crystal ball, maybe a tarot deck. I haven't decided. Something showy for the mark.

It's not a lie if you believe it, or choose your words cleverly!
Interesting ... I look at the Sheet from my end and don't see an image, but in your post. it's there.

No rush on the artefact. We can easily wait until play to see what might flow naturally from how you play him. As I think I mentioned somewhere, I'm good with character tweaking editing for a while after play starts.

And, yeah, the key to deception for a fae/changeling with that particular disadvantage is in what you say (or, what you do NOT say).
Nov 13, 2020 10:39 pm
You'll see it on the sheet only if you install user @Adam's Chrome extension, or if you edit the sheet and then click the avatar button (top right).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.