Radio interview this weekend + Updates

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 15, 2016 2:06 pm
I've been meaning to put up a meaningful update for a bit now, but each week, I've sort of thought I don't have anything significant to report, so I haven't. I did mention I'd put up a post about how people can help GP grow and improve, but unfortunately, this isn't it. There's a lot going on code and dev wise for GP, and along with some freelance I've taken on, things are going slow. Plus, having started up a new Minecraft RPG world ate up a lot of time. My character is in a permadeath loop right now, so it's made it easy to quit the game again, for a few weeks.

So importantly, in just a bit over 24 hours from when I'm putting up this post, I'll be on Shane Plays Radio, a live radio show in Little Rock, AK. If you haven't heard him before, Shane covers all sorts of geeky topics, and it's a great, well put together show. If you're free at 1 PM CDT tomorrow, you can listen in live on the radio you're close enough to pick up the radio station or can listen in online. You can also pick up the episode a few days after on the Shane Plays site as a podcast. I'd love for people to listen in!

As for where I am on GP, I'm currently working on major code changes for the forums. Hopefully you guys shouldn't see a big change in the forums, other than it working more smoothly, some of the reported bugs fixed, and the forums working A LOT faster. I'd say I'm about 60-70% done, but due to the massive nature of the change, I'm going to be putting up a test version of Gamers' Plane (test.gamersplane.com probably) where I'll put up the new stuff with a copy of all the content on the live site at the time of launch. I'm gonna ask those of you who are willing to test out anything you think is related to the forums to poke through it, give me feedback, find the bugs. You'll be able to change and mess with anything you want on the test site without breaking the live (short of hacking the server). I'm hoping I can have that ready before the end of the month.
Apr 15, 2016 4:11 pm
I'm willing to beta-test. Let me know when to start and where to go.
Apr 15, 2016 4:12 pm
I'd be happy to test for you as well
Apr 15, 2016 4:24 pm
Happy to help in any way I can with testing.
Apr 15, 2016 5:10 pm
Add my name to the list as well.
Apr 15, 2016 5:48 pm
Me like to play with new code. Count me in!
Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm
Congrats on the radio!
Apr 16, 2016 4:39 pm
I just want to let you know that I appreciate your hard work mister sir.
Apr 16, 2016 5:22 pm
If you're interested via internet or you're in the broadcasting area, I'll be in on just over half an hour, so if you wanna listen live (I believe you can tweet questions or call in questions as well), feel free!
Apr 20, 2016 2:32 am
I'm always down to test out beta stuff. Let me know sir. I know of a few common bugs as of now. :)
Last edited April 20, 2016 2:32 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.