Gary Con

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 8, 2021 8:23 pm
Anyone ever been to GaryCon?
OOC:
terrible name by the way, I always thought it should be called "the Gygax"
Does Gamers Plane have any kind of presence there?

It's one of those things that I've always wanted to do, but never really thought about seriously, thinking there would be unlimited time. But now my thoughts are, obviously, changing. If there are ever trade shows again, I'd like to make sure I get to experience GaryCon.

So, my hope is 2022. If covid's gone, and America is still standing.... I'm going.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been, if they got flights and a place to stay easily, or if everything filled up quick. Is it worth staying for the whole thing? Or is a day or two enough? Is general admission enough? Or a 'VIP' package advised?

etc. etc. etc.
Last edited January 8, 2021 11:35 pm
Jan 8, 2021 10:10 pm
Wow, it's been nearly 60 years since I was in Lake Geneva. Went there with my parents on a couple of vacations when I was a kid. Then it was only a couple of hundred miles. Now it's more like 2000 miles. I can't believe that I've been a fan of D&D for over 40 years and read everything I could get my hands on by Gary Gygax and I've never heard of Gary Con. But then I've been living in California for over 35 years and nobody out here except us transplants ever pay any attention to what goes on in the middle of the country. I'll keep my eyes on this space to see if anyone can give us any info on Gary Con.
Jan 8, 2021 10:33 pm
Is this the convention where everyone wears a Vault 108 jumpsuit and walk around saying "Gaaarrryyyy!"?

No, but joke's aside, it is a horrible name for a con...
Jan 8, 2021 10:42 pm
kalajel says:
Is this the convention where everyone wears a Vault 108 jumpsuit and walk around saying "Gaaarrryyyy!"?
only if your looking for a snail.

I've wanted to go since i heard about it years ago. but finances and family :?
Jan 9, 2021 12:21 am
I haven't been before, but we'll see what con life is once this is all over. I'd like to go to more, but I end up not going because sometimes my depression gets the best of me and I don't end up going for events where I don't know anyone.
Jan 9, 2021 12:58 am
I am originally from Wisconsin (now in NC), but have never been. Lake Geneva is a really nice, small town. You would likely either fly into Madison or Milwaukee or maybe Chicago.
Jan 27, 2021 8:54 am
Yeah interesting.
Feb 2, 2021 8:39 pm
Traveling is not an issue since it's virtual this year: GaryCon official site.

On Facebook: GaryConLLC
Last edited February 2, 2021 8:46 pm
Feb 3, 2021 3:40 am
I don't want to go to a virtual event. That's why I've decided to go to the next actual GaryCon. 2022? Fingers crossed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.