2.2 - Heyop

Apr 16, 2016 2:11 pm
The glowroad reflects a surrounding fog back at Heyop -- the light from the rod reflecting and scattering off the foggy particles unhelpfully. The air around Heyop is pleasantly cool -- but not moist. Standing, wondering about his sanity, Heyop considers his training. Has Hethan ever mentioned something like this? But, though he wracks his brain, nothing steps forward into his consciousness to explain what is going on.
Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm
Heyop thought it was on the tip of his tongue but the more he thought about it the more it seemed to escape his recollection. With a sigh he looked around and thought of other options. He'd use his stronger skill set in the mean time and try to understand his surroundings. He hope the others were okay as well...

Rolls

Checking the area Perception (R1 Cunning 2)

3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Apr 16, 2016 11:31 pm
Heyop doesn't pick up anything in particular of note around him. But the fog moves slightly -- as if there is a breath of fresh air coming from up ahead. Seeing no other option in particular, he steps forward towards the fresher air -- or the inclination of it, anyway. As he moves the fog begins to clear and he finds himself walking along a short corridor -- an entrance behind him is sealed and ahead another door -- an upside-down trapezoid -- is closed about 20 feet ahead.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Door.png

To either side, three pillars line the short room each of them replete with writing and symbols of some sort.
Apr 17, 2016 12:49 am
Heyop inspects the pillars for the writing and symbols to get some idea possibly of what's going on or what he needs to do.
Apr 17, 2016 4:08 am
OOC:
how about a daunting (4 purple) knowledge roll?
Apr 17, 2016 7:53 pm
OOC:
knowledgeable? Heyop? I don't think it's xenology

Rolls

Uh this is a brain teaser? Uh... pass.

3 Success, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Threat

Apr 17, 2016 8:41 pm
Heyop sees things that, surprisingly, tickle his memory. He's taken back to some of the time he spent studying what bits were available at the Dawn Temple on Spintir -- it seems much longer than a few weeks back now. The writing is old -- very old, and pieces of it fall into place. He's able to make out the words Jedi and Force. He sees also a word for emotion or attachment. What he can pick up is that he is in an old Jedi temple -- perhaps far older than the Dawn Temple. A word seems to describe its location.

Lothal.

Turning the corner, Heyop stumbles upon a corpse -- startling him immensely.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Pillar-Corpse.jpg

It would appear someone came here... and didn't leave.
OOC:
Take 2 strain and a setback die on your next action due to your gruesome discovery.
Apr 18, 2016 1:21 pm
Heyop finds himself lost in academic thought trying to piece together what this might be between not really being the best of students and the test of time wearing away at what he was looking at he's only able to pick up a few things. Moving around a corner has him drawing a blaster and pointing it towards a motionless body out of reflex. He exhales slowly putting way his weapon and inspects the body looking for identification cautiously. No soldier gets left behind makes him wonder if the phrase relays to Jedi and such... or was he down here alone?

"My apologies for this in advance. I know not your hardships in life and I will attempt to honor you in your death." Heyop states before he starts.
OOC:
Don't know if you wanted me to roll to search the body for a wallet for lack of a better analogy since it would use the SB die but that seems like a cheesy use of burning the SB die versus something that might be interesting or difficult, maybe for a lore roll on how to honor the dead Jedi. Heyop will attempt to look for any personal effects before he lays the body to rest.
Apr 18, 2016 6:05 pm
There are no meaningful personal effects... and as Heyop looks around (and before he moves the body) he finds it is not alone.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Pillar-Corpses-2.jpg

They seem to be in a contemplative repose -- and undisturbed for quite some time. It's as if they stayed here and wait, and waited, until they just... died.
Apr 18, 2016 6:53 pm
If he can't figure out who any of them are Heyop says a few words if he didn't know how to put the bodies to rest and press on.

He'd wonder what they were waiting for or if they were guarding something. Thinking things through didn't seem to be his strong suit. Hindsight though...

"Sorry you guys died. Well got to run this is creepy..."
OOC:
Heyop moves on.
Apr 19, 2016 12:03 am
Heyop turns to the door. As he gets closer, it opens to admit him. Walking through, he enters another cave system. The rock here is grey, rather than the reddish rock of the planet he remembers landing on. There is enough light that Heyop is able to look around -- and the pathway leads deeper in. Behind him, the door begins to shut -- a heavy grinding stone sound.
OOC:
I'm going to assume you press on. If we need to retcon something in case you want to head back out, we can.
With a loud thud, the door seals behind Heyop -- and he has little choice but to walk deeper into the cave. A few dozen meters ahead, after a few turns, Heyop finds himself in a room with three identical openings before it. Left, right and center.
Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm
Moving through the area Heyop is faced with a decision, he'll inspect the arches of the door carefully since he knows any indicators or markings are already quite faded due to the test of time. He'll also smell the air from the various openings if he finds anything out of place he'll take it into account.
OOC:
Let me know if you want a perception check or if I have no idea if the paths are different in any way.
Apr 19, 2016 11:16 pm
OOC:
Feel free to roll - this would be 'hard' given the "obvious" identical nature of the openings -- and add a setback die. Alternatively you can accept that you don't see a difference and make a choice.
Heyop inspects each opening, but near as he can tell they seem identical. Even the wear of time -- like that crack there.. just above shoulder height on the left -- looks identical based on a cursory review. The air smells stale and dusty, there's no obvious inclination that one way leads to a fresher or different outcome than the others based on smell.
Apr 20, 2016 12:56 pm
After some time Heyop sighed, this was getting him nowhere, he didn't have the knowledge or insight to make an educated guess and he had no idea what had happened to the rest of the party, where they in a similar 'trail' could they be facing their weak areas as well? Pulling out a die he squatted and dropped it to the ground.

"Well if this works out well I'll have to tell Dagger I stole his shtick." Heyop mutters to himself standing and going to the...

Center

Heyop stood and started down the tunnel prepping for the worse but hoping for the best.
Last edited April 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Rolls

guess I'm going... - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Apr 20, 2016 11:47 pm
Heyop wanders partway down the cave through the center door when Dagger swings past gently knocking him on his shoulder. "What are you waiting for?" Dagger eagerly jogs down the the tunnel and around the corner.
Apr 21, 2016 12:50 pm
"For the rest of the group. You seen anyone?" Heyop states following on guard. Dagger had a tendency to poke trouble when it was comfortably sleeping.
Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm
Heyop receives no answer from his colleague -- who has disappeared around a corner. As he gives chase to the reckless friend he is able to hear a strange hissing and humming sound up a head. There is the sound of struggle and Dagger's voice echoes wordlessly back to Heyop. Concerned about a friend in need, Heyop rounds the corner and sees a man dressed in black with a shimmering red sword standing over Dagger menacingly.
Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm
Heyop receives no answer from his colleague -- who has disappeared around a corner. As he gives chase to the reckless friend he is able to hear a strange hissing and humming sound up a head. There is the sound of struggle and Dagger's voice echoes wordlessly back to Heyop. Concerned about a friend in need, Heyop rounds the corner and sees a man dressed in black with a shimmering red sword standing over Dagger menacingly.
Apr 21, 2016 4:24 pm
Heyop's Truncheon is in his dominant hand as he rushes forward mid stride (Quick Draw Talent) before he barks out orders and demands, "Dagger roll away now! Buddy stand down or I will sit you down." Heyop states if there is an indication of violent act towards Dagger Heyop will blur into motion to attempt to disarm the possible attacker before things escalate more. Quick Strike Talent if it looks like it won't end peacefully.
Apr 21, 2016 5:50 pm
Buddy looks over at Heyop and sneers. Keeping his sword -- is that a lightsaber -- at Daggers throat. Nearby there are other corpses on the ground -- shrouded in shadow, making it difficult for Heyop to make out their identity or their recency. Dagger stays prone and frozen beneath the baleful glare of his adversary.
load next

Thread locked