Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

2.3 - Csillag

Apr 16, 2016 2:17 pm
Creepy echos back to Csillag -- the tone slightly changed. Almost as if someone else said it. Naturally, that only makes it even more creepy.

Crouched, the young Force user makes her way forward through the fog -- slowly. As she moves -- the temperature drops considerably. The fog seems to close in around Csillag -- but she realizes what's happening is that the space around here is taking shape and she can make out a source of light ahead.
Apr 16, 2016 6:58 pm
Stopping in her tracks Csillag will watch whatever form appears to be taking shape.
OOC:
Can she tell how far ahead it is to the light source?
Apr 16, 2016 10:17 pm
The fog begins to thin out around you -- a rectangular corridor takes shape as the fog recedes -- ahead the light comes from a large room, the shape is rectangular -- like the corridor you are in, but the light is soft and difuse -- making it difficult to discern any shapes or things within.
Apr 17, 2016 4:19 pm
Csillag will move forward into the room and take a look about.
OOC:
I'll throw out a perception check, just for kicks.

Rolls

Checking out the room.

3 Success, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Apr 17, 2016 4:25 pm
OOC:
Ignore the threat from perception at this time.
Csillag enters a large chamber, shaped like a bell that stretches hundreds of meters into the air. The room is calm and quiet, lit from without through stained glass windows peppered about the room and a soft glow from the ceiling. The brightly lit room is cold -- much more so than the planet Csillag landed on mere hours ago.

In the center of the room, two tall and forbidding statues of hooded Jedi brandish lightsabers among a group of oranately carved obelisks. Opposite Csillag there appears to be a stone carving of a waterfall on the other side of the room (past the obelisks and statues).
Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm
The hooded Jedi immediately catch Csillag's attention. Pulling the hood of her cloak up in an attempt to fight off the chill, she'll move closer the right most statue and investigate.
Apr 18, 2016 11:59 pm
The figure towers above Csillag - it is easily nearly 20 meters tall. Carved of stone, the robes cascade into the ground and it's difficult to see if there is any face behind the hood -- or if it's meant to be as dark and creepy as it is. Its arms are held in front of the statue holding a lightsaber pointing up -- almost as if in salute. A quick glance at the other status shows a similarly two-handed stance on the saber, but it's held up as if to strike something.

Sunlight streams in from somewhere far above and the stone waterfall begins to weep drops of water.
Apr 20, 2016 9:38 pm
Content with her quick look over of the statues Csillag will move over to the stone waterfall. She'll also take a peek around for any type of exit (other than where she came in, of course).
Apr 20, 2016 11:38 pm
As Csillag finishes with the statues and turns towards the stone waterfall -- she realizes that it is instead ice that is being melted by the sunlight streaming through a large gemstone far far above. The waterfall melts quickly -- before her eyes and reveals a passageway deeper into this... temple? mountain? iceberg?

Rolls

2 Black Force Points

Apr 21, 2016 9:35 pm
Looking back over her shoulder Csillag considers turning back but realizes there's nothing really to go back to. She takes a deep breath and slowly moves into the passageway.
Apr 22, 2016 8:39 pm
Csillag walks through a cave of ice. She is cold -- unprepared for the climate -- but not so much so that it is more than distracting. The cave, itself, has its own eerie light that gives the area a pale blue fluorescence. At times the cave opens up into large glistening chambers -- it's all somewhat starkly beautiful.

Walking -- not quite aimlessly -- but seeking purpose or understanding, Csillag hears noises up ahead. Moving quietly, she's able to find a small pathway leading off of her current passage. The pathway is short and narrow -- perhaps about 10 feet in length and beyond it leads into a room hewn out of the ice. Inside there are two groups in conflict. One appear to be some form of primitive natives -- humanoid certainly, but it's unclear if they're human in their furs. The other group are Imperial Stormtroopers, weapons are only just beginning to become unlimbered. It looks like the conflict may soon be over, and the result looks like a foregone conclusion.
OOC:
Please roll a Discipline (wil) roll against fear (3 purple)
Apr 22, 2016 9:26 pm
"They don't stand a chance...."

Rolls

3 Advantage, 3 Threat

Apr 22, 2016 10:56 pm
The sudden threat of forthcoming brutality crashes against Csillag's senses and instill fear. She pauses considering the path forward.
OOC:
Please add a setback die to future rolls until further notice.
Apr 24, 2016 3:56 pm
Drawing her holdout blaster, Csillag will look for a place to hide while the inevitable slaughter takes place.
Apr 24, 2016 4:15 pm
As the stormtroopers open fire a grinding noise comes from just ahead of Csillag. The opening before her shuts as the primitives scream and writhe as blaster bolts fall amongst their midst. With a loud thud that reverberates throughout her passageway, the path closes and she is left alone in her icy caves with her blaster in her hand.
OOC:
I can remove this part if you want to stick around -- but I wanted to enable the storyline to proceed if not.
Separated from the events beyond the now-icy wall before her, Csillag has no option but to continue to wander the caves. After a few more minutes of wandering, she comes across a small room hewn out of the ice and rock that surrounds her. It is hexagonal in shape and in the middle are two people. One, a figure that looks to be like the statues outside -- but normally sized, holds a lightsaber. The other kneels, shackled and restrained.

Indecision emanates from what Csillag takes to be a jedi, while hated and fear come off of the shackled figure in waves.

The jedi turns and says, "Ah.. Csillag. Perfect. I was awaiting your counsel. This individual has committed grave crimes and fallen deeply to the dark side. I have disarmed and disabled him. I must now decide between justice and mercy in taking his life." He carefully walks around the prisoner, still wary of something. "In mercy, he may be saved from the dark side, though I doubt this. In justice, we may save countless beings -- worlds even -- from his predatory behavior. Or," he looks up, "you can leave this decision to me."
Apr 25, 2016 11:01 pm
Csillag listens intently as the Jedi addresses her and explains the choice that must be made. "If there is a chance of saving an individual from the ways of the dark side then that is the path we must follow. Allow this one a chance to atone for his crimes."
Apr 25, 2016 11:56 pm
The jedi cocks his head and considers. "What if, by showing mercy, we condemn many to die at his hand? There stories are rare indeed when a Sith sought out the light. It would be more likely for a fallen Jedi to return to the light -- but one such as this -- I do no know of a case where a Sith has... reformed."

He continues to pace around the prisoner. "If he does not reform and kills -- do we not bear guilt? Is our mercy really mercy in that case? Or is it a lack of fortitude for a just outcome?" He looks up at Csillag, about to ask another question -- but leaves these to her care before pestering her further.
Apr 26, 2016 12:56 am
"I would only bear guilt for not attempting to save one from the dark forces that have taken them." Csillag pauses for a moment and walks towards the Jedi. "I'm not suggesting that this person be given a full pardon for their crimes or be forgiven for their sins. But striking down a helpless individual who has yet to be given a chance for redemption will only lead us towards the darkness."
Apr 26, 2016 1:30 am
"You're saying that you would bear no guilt if you spared him and he destroyed a family, a city or a planet with his depraved quest for power? I recognize that we prefer to recognize the value of all life -- but he was subdued and captured at great cost. This would be fair, and just, judgment. Does your desire for mercy make you weak and unable to confront hard decisions?"

He pauses and adds, "Why do you seek to walk the path of the jedi?"
Apr 26, 2016 9:37 pm
"I am no more responsible for the actions that this person may take than they are of actions I may take. Sparing a life so that one may seek redemption isn't a hard decision to make and one that I make without guilt." Csillag responds without hesitation.

The Jedi's next question, however, causes her some pause, and after a little internal deliberation, she responds. "To uphold all that is right and proper, no matter the consequences."
OOC:
Sorry, my lack of Star Wars knowledge is kind of wasting your killer DMing here.... :-/
1 of 2
1 2 >

Thread locked