2.4 - Urik

Apr 17, 2016 8:46 pm
Urik stands alone -- an eerie fog about him. There is no sign of his friends.
Apr 21, 2016 2:24 pm
Urik steps forward, "Heyop? Dagger?" he says in a stage whisper, looking around into the gloom. What is this? Where did everyone go? I was right by Dagger..."

Urik squints trying to see through the concealing mist.

Rolls

Perception (Cun=2, no ranks)

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Apr 21, 2016 4:18 pm
Urik hears nothing -- his stage whisper dies, muffled by the fog about him. This is a stressful situation the most stressful he's been in since his capture by Malefax long ago, in part because his friends are no where to be seen. There may be a slight thinning of the fog ahead, though Urik is unsure if this is just an optical illusion or reality.
OOC:
Go ahead and take 1 strain for the threat -- reflecting the stress and uncertainty of the situation
Apr 21, 2016 4:23 pm
Gritting his teeth, Urik begins to walk forward through the fog. His hand nervously twitches toward his blaster, then makes a move as if to draw the sword from his back...but he does neither.
Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm
Moving through the fog -- Urik passes into a new rocky tunnel. It doesn't seem all that different from the various tunnels he's been traveling through with his friends. But it smells a little different. Moister. The air also feels a bit more charged -- something is strange about this place and Urik feels it subconsciously through his connection with the Force.

Ahead, there's a flickering red glow -- as if someone is carrying a red glow rod while running in the distance.
Apr 21, 2016 6:25 pm
"Hello? Wait! Dagger? Csillig? Wait!" Urik calls. He begins to move a bit faster toward the light.
Apr 21, 2016 7:22 pm
Chasing after the light -- it stays just beyond his reach until he reaches a wide, circular, domed cavern with the pathway he's on running around its outer edge into several other passages. Far above, light streams through a large hole in the ceiling of the cavern. There's the smell of water -- which echoes quietly around the cavern. In the center is a pedestal of some sort -- it's circular and large enough for two melee combatants to spar or ... maybe fight.

More shockingly, standing in the center of that platform is Malefax. He wields a shimmering red sword. Urik suspects this may be a lightsaber. In the bright light streaming from above, Urik's able to see the wound inflicted upon the devaronian by Dagger that lead to his death. But here he is, standing before Urik, smiling.

"Lose something?" he asks, mockingly.
OOC:
Please roll a 3 purple fear (discipline) check!
Apr 21, 2016 7:30 pm
Urik stares at Malefax. "You. How...? It doesn't matter. I didn't get to kill you before. This time, it will be different." Urik pulls Malefax's own sword from his back and strides with purpose toward the pedestal. His face is calm, but his eyes blaze with hate and anger barely held in check.
Last edited April 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Rolls

Discipline v Fear (Will=3, 1 rank)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 21, 2016 8:24 pm
Urik pushes back on the fear that coalesces around him. Walking to the edge of the walkway, he sees a significant jump required to get to the middle and his enemy. The sword in his hands pushes against him with dark thoughts of vengeance and hatred -- but Urik's own success in pushing back his fear counteract this.
OOC:
Cancelling out your 2 advantage with the sword's inherent penalty to you from earlier in the campaign.
"Oh, you brought me my sword back. A welcome gesture, apprentice. However, I have a new weapon." The red sword in his hand swooshes back and forth as he casually flips it around before him, showing it off.
OOC:
If Urik would like to jump to the center, a hard athletics (br) roll is desired, please.
Apr 21, 2016 8:40 pm
Urik steps forward and calls upon the Force to help him leap atop the platform. Again, the Force fails him, but his natural athleticism takes him where he needs to go.

Urik steps toward Malefax, holding just outside of the range of the humming lightsaber (short range).

"Come then, "Master", Urik spits the title out like bile, "Let me show you what I've learned!"
Last edited April 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Rolls

Athletics (Brawn=3, 1 rank)+Force Die; Basic Enhance

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 1 Success

Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm
Malefax grins superciliously at Urik. "If you are so eager -- feel free to come at me, apprentice. I welcome the opportunity to add a few more scars to that face of yours while you remember your place."
OOC:
The dark sword sucks its two strain from Urik.
Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm
OOC:
I need to take a quick look at the CRB before posting. I want to spend my XP before making the final decision on Urik's reaction. I spent my last 10 XP to take the Ace specialization. Are you ok with me taking that back? Not sure it fits Urik, and my pilot itch is getting scratched playing Lin in our EotE game.
Apr 24, 2016 7:37 pm
OOC:
Yup - ok with a change in plans for the character. I will note that Kaveri has been MIA 30 days now, so we may want to assume she's going to be gone as our pilot. But perhaps we can add in a new player to take that role.
Apr 25, 2016 3:11 am
Urik grits his teeth, preparing to strike, but just as he is about to lunge forward he catches a glimpse of his own face in the blade. He is drenched in sweat, eyes hard and dark, teeth clenched.

A series of images flash through his mind in a fraction of a moment: this sword, dripping with the blood of his family; the vision of the hunter and his wolves, the hate and fear; and finally, Malefax's head, bursting like a melon under Urik's boot.

He stops short, stands up straight, staring at Malefax. "No. No I won't attack you. You are dead. You will not live on through me." Urik throws the sword off the edge of the pedestal. "I am no longer your apprentice."

Urik stands tall staring straight ahead at Malefax.
Apr 25, 2016 1:27 pm
The sword falls into a pool of water that surrounds the pedestal with a splish. It slides under easily, disappearing from view into its murky depths. A passing thought of Urik's wonders how many items like Malefax's sword lie at the bottom of that pool. Malefax sneers at his former "apprentice" and readies his weapon. "You toss away your defense like you are in a dream. You were a worthless choice as an apprentice. Weak. Stupid. Careless. You can't even use your fear and your anger to help you get something done."
Apr 25, 2016 1:56 pm
"I do not fear the dead. I weep for them. All but you. I only wept because I could not kill you myself!"

On the last word, Urik draws his blaster and fires at the image of Malefax.
OOC:
Using that advantage to heal one strain.
Last edited April 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Rolls

Ranged (light)

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Apr 25, 2016 2:06 pm
OOC:
Upgrading the difficulty due to vagaries of the vergeance you're in. No extra advantage for you - but otherwise the 3 success stand.
Malefax deftly parries the blaster bolt, causing it to just barely nick his clothing. He smiles at Urik and says, "Yes. Perfect -- use that rage." He counters and uses the lightsaber to slice through Urik's blaster, rending it no more than half a baster -- about as good as half a speeder. "Impotent again. How does that make you feel?"

Rolls

Upgraded difficulty

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Secret Roll

Apr 25, 2016 2:28 pm
falryx says:
OOC:
Yup - ok with a change in plans for the character. I will note that Kaveri has been MIA 30 days now, so we may want to assume she's going to be gone as our pilot. But perhaps we can add in a new player to take that role.
OOC:
FYI: I decided to trade in the Ace specialization for the Shi-Cho Knight specialization. That keeps things simple and will help move Urik in the direction I want him to go. I'm still willing to pilot, and plan on putting ranks into piloting, but I don't want this character to focus on that.
Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm
Urik throws his blaster aside in frustration. None of this is real. Like that hunter in the other vision. This is the Force trying to tell me something, but it can't hurt me...can it?

He stares into Malefax's eyes. "Ok then. Here we are. Will you strike? Will you finally kill me and allow me to join my family?" Urik holds his hand out, "Face the truth Malefax. You are dead, killed by a group of lost fools who barely know the Force. It is YOU who is weak. You were never a master of anything. You had to find a child to take as an apprentice, because nobody else would believe your lies and you're too weak to master a real will. Give me the lightsaber. You are weak and dead, I am alive and strong."
OOC:
Making a Coersion check. Using my Intimidating Talent to take one strain and reduce the difficulty by one step. Rolling one Red, add purple as needed.
Last edited April 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Rolls

Coersion

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage

Apr 26, 2016 12:11 am
OOC:
Adding some dice. Malefax is Wil (2) and Discipline 2 so that's 2 red dices. One downgrade means 1 purple and 1 red and upgrading twice per vergeance rules makes it 2 red 1 purple. Read up on Coercion (sorry, should have done that before). I'm going to give you a setback die for not having a weapon (when he has a lightsaber). And I think I'm going to argue that this is against his core beliefs -- that you'd be stronger than him and he should be subservient to you. Adding 1P and 1B.

Net result - 1 threat.
Malefax pauses -- considering. "You almost had me convinced there that you had a backbone. That you have strength." He raises the lightsaber, "But I should let myself be convinced by a useless cur like yourself! I am the master here. I have the lightsaber and you have not earned the lightsaber or my respect!" He appears to be working himself up quite a bit. "So yes. I'll give you a lightsaber alright!" He slashes overhead with the lightsaber -- and it passes harmlessly through Urik.

Urik's vision flashes red and he is left, alone, on the platform. The light in the cavern dims to total blackness and he hears a question, "Youngling. Why do you seek the path of the jedi?" A small, floating mote of light appears before him and appears to be the source of the question.

Rolls

Additional dice

2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Situational modifiers

2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Threat

load next

Thread locked