A D&D 5e Game for New Players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Len

Feb 6, 2021 9:50 pm
http://longo.com.br/5e/img/adventure/DIP/003-rta-02.png?ver=1.77.1

This game is meant for people who are new to Gamers Plane, new to D&D, or both! No experience necessary.

The story will be centered around town called Hope, he last outpost of a fallen empire. There, brave beings from all walks of life strive to build a community that still lives by the higher virtues. Perhaps the heroes' actions will cause civilization's long slide into darkness will be held at bay, or even reversed.

Characters will begin at first level, and I'll be there to help you learn the rules. I can take up to 5 players but I will try to run this again in the future.

Thanks for expressing your interest!
Feb 6, 2021 10:18 pm
You're in good hands with this DM! Apply away!
Feb 6, 2021 11:22 pm
Is this a long term or one shot adventure?

Len

Feb 6, 2021 11:37 pm
Each group will experience it as a one shot game, maybe taking 3-4 months of regular posting to play through. However, I have plans of running it again and again as a living setting and players will leave their mark. The songs of their deeds will be sung in the taverns, children will be named after the heroes, and feast days will be celebrated to remember the fallen.
Feb 7, 2021 1:59 am
I would be interested. I am relatively new to PbP and to AD&D5e, although I have played a lot of AD&D more than 20 years ago. I have a wizard character that was in another adventure, which folded when the DM decided he did not want to carry on with the campaign. Would I be able to bring this character in at first level? (It would save time for me in rolling the character and creating the character sheet: Str 13, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 10.) I have an interest in developing a wizard but am not familiar with how the rules on spells work yet.

Len

Feb 7, 2021 2:19 am
Hi Mike, sorry to hear your campaign folded. You sound like the perfect person to join this game.

You are welcome to have your wizard join us. You could even use his previous campaign as part of his backstory. His stats would have to be adjusted because we aren't rolling for them - we're using the "standard array" method of assigning these numbers to our attributes: 15,14,13,12,10,8. You still get to add your race's attribute modifiers on top of that. And I would be happy to help you with learning about how to cast spells.

Also, were going to be posting at about 1 post per day. If you're still interested, welcome aboard :) If not, I understand.
Feb 7, 2021 8:55 am
I'm interested. I've played only a couple of single sessions of D&D. Is the game still open?

Len

Feb 7, 2021 9:44 am
Hi Astroloma! It sure it is - welcome aboard. We will just wait for a couple more people to express interest and then we'll take off.
Feb 7, 2021 10:23 am
Hello! I am also interested, I am new to gamersplane, altho I did play dnd a few times before. Should characters be prepared, or it starts with a session 0 to make them?
Feb 7, 2021 12:28 pm
I am very much interested in something like this, being a newbie to both the platform and the genre itself!
Love the concept of leaving a mark in the world, would be happy to join if you'll have me! :)

Len

Feb 7, 2021 4:40 pm
Jusika says:
I am very much interested in something like this, being a newbie to both the platform and the genre itself!
Love the concept of leaving a mark in the world, would be happy to join if you'll have me! :)
Welcome Jusika! Your post is what inspired this game, glad you could make it! I'll send out invites soon :)
Feb 7, 2021 6:39 pm
[ +- ] Len says
Yes I am still interested. I am working late shifts the next couple of days so may not be able to complete my character for a couple of days but would definitely like to join.

Len

Feb 7, 2021 10:34 pm
Hey everyone, I've sent out the invites for Astroloma, Pitrio, and Jusika. For some reason I can't send one to Mike, so for Mike (and anyone who doesn't see an invite in their email) head on over to the game details page and click "apply."

Mike, thanks for the advance notice about your absence! No problem.
Feb 8, 2021 4:25 am
Hey there. I've played a little bit of D&D before, but it was years ago. And I've never done PbP. I'd be up for this if there's an opening.

Len

Feb 8, 2021 5:20 am
Callan, sounds good! You'll be our fifth and final member. Does posting once per day sound like a reasonable pace for you?
Feb 8, 2021 6:04 am
[ +- ] Len says
Thanks - I have applied to join the game. (I have had problems with invites before and guess it might be due to the fact that my name on Gamers' Plane is only four characters long. Applications have always worked before.)
Feb 8, 2021 6:11 am
Len says:
Callan, sounds good! You'll be our fifth and final member. Does posting once per day sound like a reasonable pace for you?
Yeah, that's reasonable, for sure. I'm glad I got in under the wire!

Len

Feb 8, 2021 6:34 am
Mike says:
Thanks - I have applied to join the game. (I have had problems with invites before and guess it might be due to the fact that my name on Gamers' Plane is only four characters long. Applications have always worked before.)
Yeah, a bunch of other Mike usernames show up when I try to invite you, but not yours for some reason. No big deal, we found an easy work around.
callan says:
Yeah, that's reasonable, for sure. I'm glad I got in under the wire!
Whoop whoop! We're glad to have you.
Feb 8, 2021 1:24 pm
Good luck to all as you embark on this most magnificent adventure. And good luck to the intrepid GM!

Len

Feb 8, 2021 7:12 pm
Pitrio says:
Hello! I am also interested, I am new to gamersplane, altho I did play dnd a few times before. Should characters be prepared, or it starts with a session 0 to make them?
Welcome Pitrio! Yes, we can make the characters in the game. I'll send out invites to everyone who applied throughout the day!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.