A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Jun 6, 2016 9:47 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Jun 7, 2016 12:02 am
Father Simon Brubaker. Pleasure to meet you miss. Seeing that Angel has this in hand I let him take the lead.
Jun 7, 2016 2:23 pm
irvanovich sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Jun 7, 2016 4:25 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Jun 8, 2016 11:01 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
Folklore? Well my granny once told me that there's an Indian graveyard around here somewhere and that the farmers who originally founded the town dug it up and found all kinds of gold and fancy things. She also told me that the gold was cursed and that the youth of our town were paying a blood debt for what was taken. It's odd, now I think about it, there have been a lot of youngsters being taken by stupid accidents around here.
Angel chokes on his surprise at actually finding a story, and one as fascinating as this.

"Fantastic! This is just the kind of story we're searching for." Then, he seems to hear the last part of her statement and his smile falls slightly. "Youngsters taken? Taken how? Where is this graveyard? Is any of the gold still around?"
Jun 9, 2016 12:34 am
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Jun 9, 2016 10:43 pm
"As in taken to the arms of our Lord. As for the graveyard, I've no idea. As I say, it's just something my Granny used to tell me, I have no idea if it's true."
Jun 11, 2016 1:03 am
Angel's face goes white as he realizes he let his enthusiasm stick his foot firmly in his mouth. Again. Much like that time in Madrid...

He sinks down into a chair, staring at the floor. After a few seconds, he looks back up at the teacher. "I'm sorry. I... I didn't know. I mean... I'd not heard. It's..." He struggles to find the words to say.

Finally, he steels his jaw and continues, "Well, that is all horrible, but there's nothing to be done for it, I suppose. Although that does put a damper on our search. Are all the stories from around here so horrible?"
Jun 13, 2016 6:39 am
"We all have our own challenges in life. At least my kids are a joy," she smiles.
OOC:

Psychology checks for Harry, Angel and Father Simon
Jun 13, 2016 11:14 am
OOC:
Rolling psychology

Rolls

Psychology (30) - (1d100)

(56) = 56

Jun 14, 2016 7:54 pm
OOC:
Rolling Psychology

Edit: I made a mistake. I've only got the base chance on Psychology, 10%. A failure either way.
Last edited June 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Rolls

Psychology v. 30 - (1d100)

(40) = 40

Jun 14, 2016 8:02 pm
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Jun 14, 2016 8:28 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am
OOC:
Rolling on behalf of Harry

Rolls

Psychology 50 - (1d100)

(34) = 34

Jun 15, 2016 8:06 am
"If you don't mind me saying, you seem...afraid of something," says Harry to teacher, "You can share anything with us."

Rolls

Charm (40) - (1d100)

(49) = 49

Jun 15, 2016 8:07 am
Holly looks down, staring at her papers, refusing to make eye contact.
OOC:
Anyone else care to try? Charm or Persuade roll if so.
Jun 15, 2016 12:02 pm
"Come on now child. Let us help you lift this burden you obviously bear. The Lord says that a burden shared is one that is lessened. Tell us what is bothering you."

Rolls

Persuade (40) - (1d100)

(62) = 62

Jun 15, 2016 8:54 pm
Angel leans against the side of her desk in a completely non-threatening, but present manner. He looks at her face, hoping to make eye contact and says softly, with promise in his voice, "You can tell us. We will help you in whatever way we can." He reaches out his hand, resting it close to hers, but not touching.

Rolls

Charm v. 40 - (1d100)

(2) = 2

Jun 15, 2016 9:51 pm
Looking up, Holly smiles warmly at Angel, tears forming, "There's just so much, my mom, my husband and now the kids..Some of them are strange, even frighteningly so. Some of them are alway clustered together, whispering and giggling and this same group play wierd games, that seem..sinister."

She gets up and walks to a drawer, pulling out some pictures and throwing them on the desk, as if they're too horrid to touch. "These I confiscated only this week. I once found one of the boys in the process of cutting open a live cat behind the schoolhouse while other children in his little group spun around him in a circle, singing a horrible sounding song. When I confronted them, the boy cutting the cat threatened to kill me if I told anyone, and you know what? I completely believed him. Five days later that boy was killed in an accident." She looks at the ceiling in deep thought.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.