A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Jul 11, 2016 8:26 pm
Angel sits down heavily at the table with a sigh, freezing as Jonathan flinches his hand towards the pistol. "Nervous?" he asks, already knowing the answer. "I've always heard stories of the pagan beliefs of the uneducated citizen, but I never thought I'd come to believe in them myself." He shakes his head. "Something very strange is going on here, or this is a very well planned practical joke."
Jul 11, 2016 10:09 pm
As Mathis checks his trap, he finds it to be pretty much dismantled, not set off, but taken apart but someone, or something intelligent.
Jul 11, 2016 10:11 pm
Mathis makes a note of the traps location. Then he moves 100 yards away in the forest. Not deeper or closers to the farm, but laterally and resets.

Rolls

Survival - (1d100)

(28) = 28

Jul 11, 2016 10:16 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Jul 12, 2016 12:49 am
Father Simon comes down the stairs and notices the others sitting around and the nervousness pervades the room. He strides to the middle of the room so he can see most of those gathered here."So I see that I'm not the only one to dream again. I for one and not going to sit here and let my fears take control. I'm going out into those woods and see what I can find. Any of you are welcome to join me. I'm also going to try and find the source of the scream. I'll be heading out in 15 minutes." After his small impromptu speech Father Simon fills a small bowl with water. He then starts prayer over the bowl and making a few passes with his hand. Once finished he pours most of the water into a small flask and places it into an inside pocket.
Jul 12, 2016 1:03 am
Mathis enters the house as Father Simon announces his intentions.
Jul 12, 2016 4:38 am
The woods have something unnatural in them. I will tell you that. They managed to disassemble one of my best traps without ever setting it off. Whatever it is its smart, to smart to be a natural animal. I will go but we must use cunning, stealth, and caution or this will end in tragedy like the last expedition here.
Jul 12, 2016 7:27 am
"I have no idea what's going on, but you are all acting like this had happened before? I'll come with you, just let me grab somethings"

Joseph grabs an old journal from his bag along with a hunting knife. He makes a coffee, all the while wishing for something stronger

Scotash sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm
Checking his revolver, Jon stands up from the table and goes to grab his hat.

"If nothing else, maybe we'll find whatever it is they're putting in the water here. It's getting to where a man can't even get a decent night's sleep anymore."
Jul 12, 2016 12:46 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Scotash
Jul 13, 2016 2:08 pm
Angel shakes his head. "I hardly think that something in the woods is affecting our dreams. But, I'll go with you. Mostly because I don't feel like being alone in this place." He looks around at everyone else checking their weapons. "However, I don't have a weapon. Not that I expect to need it."
Jul 13, 2016 2:11 pm
Here you can use this.

Mathis takes off his fixed blade sheathed knife and hands it to angel.

Just put it on your belt. If something tries to hurt you than put the pointy end inside of it.
Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm
"Are you sure going out so early is such a good idea? The sun is barely up and those clouds look like they want to release the rain any minute."
Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm
"We shouldn't go in to deep. Stay closer to the farmhouse. But we might find a few things that will give us some answers. We also need to stay together in a single group. We aren't trying to be super stealthy here, and i already know there is shit in the woods that isn't natural."
Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm
Jon looks out the window before he turns to Robert.

"All I know, Robert, is that since arriving at this house, I have been plagued by the strangest dreams...and they seem to haunt me even when I'm awake. I mean, knife wielding tentacle rats? Either the stress from midterms have caused me to crack, or someone's put something in the water. I can't even make sense of what I saw in my sleep last night...except for that woman's screams, and those Sugar Maple trees...and obviously there are others here who have seen the same things.

Mathis, you've been through the woods. Do you know if there are any sugar maples out there?"
Jul 13, 2016 4:05 pm
"Every thing out there is sugar maples. Thats about all there is."
Last edited July 13, 2016 4:21 pm
Jul 13, 2016 4:20 pm
OOC:
The entire wood is Sugar Maples. See page 3 for initial description of house and surrounds.
Jul 13, 2016 4:36 pm
"Going now might be the best chance we have at finding what is causing the dreams. If we wait to long it might be gone and one of those dreams is enough for me"
Last edited July 13, 2016 4:36 pm
Jul 13, 2016 9:20 pm
"Fine, but don't stay out too long. We need to get back to the dig site and hope the rain holds off and we need some more interviews around town done today."
Jul 13, 2016 9:42 pm
Grabbing gear, Angel, Father Simon, Mathis, Jon and Joseph head out of the house and towards the wood at the back of the farmhouse. You pass the perfect ring of flowers amid waist high grasses and to the edge of the wood, where Sugar Maples tower overhead.
With everywhere almost dark as night with the dark clouds above, the trees provide even thicker shadow, giving you all a feeling of dread as you stand on the outskirts.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.