Feature Request: Bold Font for Threads with New Po

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2021 3:56 am
Currently, any thread/forum that contains a post you haven't seen yet has the red "GP Cube" logo, gray if nothing new has been posted. If I'm on mobile, it becomes difficult to see the red logo without zooming in on the cubes to inspect them.

Would it be possible to change the title of a thread/forum to bold when there's a new post? It would help it to stand out more than just the logo alone, especially when on mobile.
Mar 26, 2021 9:57 am
The GP cube is also hard to distinguish when I'm using dark mode
Mar 26, 2021 10:16 am
If you use the Latest Posts page, it gets easier to tell because of the way the link-page-icon moves the text but I get that different people browse in different ways so having it be clearer everywhere definitely couldn't hurt
[ +- ] This, I mean
Last edited March 26, 2021 10:18 am
Mar 26, 2021 11:41 am
Would people prefer this?

https://i.imgur.com/8FjHjcn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LBtJQQL.jpg

Where it only shows the die if it's red.
Mar 26, 2021 11:42 am
That would also work. Whichever would be easier to throw together, I know you folks aren't getting paid for this.

Wait, are you getting paid for this? You should be getting paid for this.
Mar 26, 2021 11:46 am
I think only showing the die for new posts is great. The dice always being present also hides the locked and pinned thread icons as well, making it almost impossible to see.
Mar 26, 2021 5:14 pm
How did I miss that there's a dark mode? How do I make that happen?
Mar 26, 2021 5:18 pm
It's part of Adam's expansion If you have that installed, it's Alt+N
Mar 26, 2021 5:42 pm
Don't know how I missed that feature, but that's awesome!
Mar 27, 2021 1:55 am
OK I have a question, is it just me or is it hard to read red on black in general? Maybe a yellow on black would be easier to see...unless it is just me. I am not colorblind or anything but it is hard to distinguish in text as well
Last edited March 27, 2021 1:55 am
Mar 27, 2021 2:11 am
Rizzoxiii says:
OK I have a question, is it just me or is it hard to read red on black in general? Maybe a yellow on black would be easier to see...unless it is just me. I am not colorblind or anything but it is hard to distinguish in text as well
No, red and black (especially in a small form) is pretty hard to discern. Yellow and black would definitely be easier to see, but would clash with GP's color scheme (which I think is lovely).
Mar 27, 2021 9:41 pm
OK then a brighter red maybe hehe
Mar 27, 2021 11:27 pm
I can certainly work on more visibility issues. I'd be happy to work with people on accessability for the v2 as well, if that's a concern. I tried to pick a red that worked well against white, dark enough to be readable, but matching the tone. Maybe I made an error, and I'd be glad to play around with it.

Oh, are we talking about Adam's plugin? If so, ignore me.
Mar 28, 2021 12:03 am
Adam says:
Would people prefer this?

https://i.imgur.com/8FjHjcn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LBtJQQL.jpg

Where it only shows the die if it's red.
I was referring to red on black, heck anything on black that isn't bright is difficult to see, I am on a small tablet so big is not an option for me personally, can't speak for others of course

the red on white seems fine to me
Mar 28, 2021 12:05 am
Maybe an orange text in place of the red on black?
In the example above it seems much clearer even as a bar compared to the red on black
Last edited March 28, 2021 12:07 am
Mar 28, 2021 12:57 am
Keleth says:
I can certainly work on more visibility issues. I'd be happy to work with people on accessability for the v2 as well, if that's a concern. I tried to pick a red that worked well against white, dark enough to be readable, but matching the tone. Maybe I made an error, and I'd be glad to play around with it.

Oh, are we talking about Adam's plugin? If so, ignore me.
I think they're referring to the plugin when discussing the red-on-black.

I think I like Adam's idea if removing the "GP die" for forums/threads with no new posts. Hopefully it would be the easiest one to implement.
Mar 28, 2021 5:36 am
I’ve already implemented it for dark mode in my dev version. If I still like it after a week then I’ll push the change live.
Apr 3, 2021 12:09 am
If the dice only show up on threads with new posts, can that be made the clickable link instead of the little page? On phone, I always have to zoom in order to click it and it's so annoying lol. It's very close to the text link so sometimes I misclick on that, and the die icon is much larger and would be more convenient to serve as the link.
Apr 3, 2021 12:18 am
I've found clicking the down arrow to the right of the text name does the trick. It's not close to anything else, helping to prevent misclicks.
Apr 3, 2021 1:02 am
skeptical_stun says:
I've found clicking the down arrow to the right of the text name does the trick. It's not close to anything else, helping to prevent misclicks.
You underestimate how many times I fat finger the number instead of the arrow when I've done that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.