Character access

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 5, 2021 2:50 am
I have a character that I submitted to a game that never began due to GM illness, it shows only when I click the All Characters link but does not show in the drop down list from the characters link or in the drop down menu for submitting a character to the new PF game I am now in.

Is there a limit to how many games a character can be submitted?

Character Name is Torsun for Pathfinder if you can fix this I would appreciate it, thanks.
Apr 5, 2021 3:00 am
Maybe let Keleth know which game the character was submitted to, and he can kick it out for you? I'm assuming the game was "Retired" and you can't just withdraw it?

As far as I know, a character can only be submitted to one game.
Last edited April 5, 2021 3:00 am
Apr 5, 2021 3:11 am
Yeah that is what I was thinking, that is exactly what happened though retired while I was offline. Problem is I don't remember the name of the game, it was March 1st when I joined the site for the game in question. It doesn't show anywhere that I see as far as my information.
Apr 5, 2021 3:15 am
Sorry Rizzoxiii We are just going to have to execute you and do reincarnate. We are too cheap to do a resurrection. Best of luck.
Apr 5, 2021 3:23 am
Lmao

I do know who the GM was and the other 2 people that were in the game though, it should narrow it down.

GM was Belus312 and myself, LightOfMidnight and Sassafras were players.

Thanks for the tips
Apr 5, 2021 4:13 am
Check out the Games Tavern recruitment threads from the past few weeks. That will help you to narrow it down, at least.
Apr 5, 2021 4:21 am
And don't listen to us reincarnated ones. You know that snails life isn't so bad. It is all in the shell if you know what I mean.
Apr 5, 2021 1:22 pm
Have you submitted that character for the new game you are in? If not, then it is normal for it to not show up in the roll down menu for that game.
Apr 5, 2021 1:30 pm
The game was retired, and I don't think we ever had a direct link to the page. I think if you give Keleth the link to the sheet he can unbind it?
Apr 5, 2021 7:37 pm
I am unable to submit it to the new gsme due to it still being in the first game
Apr 5, 2021 9:15 pm
Forgive my ignorance (and don't take this as smarmy): But can you just recreate the character sheet? That might be quicker and easier than trying to do under-the-hood stuff.
Apr 5, 2021 10:05 pm
It does underscore a minor bug where a retired game still keeps submitted characters active; ideally once a game is retired the character sheets are all dereferenced. We're working on resolving this.

In the meantime, may we have the character sheet URL, if you haven't submitted it already? Thanks.
Apr 5, 2021 10:37 pm
Torsun

Thank you very much CsncerMan
Apr 6, 2021 5:05 am
I was told that the character sheet was released. Please let us know if you experience issues!
Apr 6, 2021 9:39 am
A related query:
if character X is withdrawn from game Y (to be reused in a brand-new game Z, for instance), are the existing posts of character X in game Y affected in any way? Deleted or altered?
Last edited April 6, 2021 9:39 am
Apr 6, 2021 10:59 am
There is a way to copy characters but it's a bit of a hack (useful if you're forking a character or want a backup).

PM me for details (assuming the admins don't abjure and bind me to prevent the disclosure of secret lore).
Apr 6, 2021 1:29 pm
Dr_B says:
A related query:
if character X is withdrawn from game Y (to be reused in a brand-new game Z, for instance), are the existing posts of character X in game Y affected in any way? Deleted or altered?
As long as the character isn't deleted, nothing changes. When you do delete the character, the image remains by the posts but the name disappears. If I recall correctly
Apr 6, 2021 3:06 pm
Well, in that case, I guess the solution right now is to redo your character on another sheet and then submit it.
Apr 6, 2021 4:04 pm
Thanks folks

You do not have permission to post in this thread.