Tale of the Four Cities

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 18, 2021 9:54 pm
Hey there,
launching a rather classic adventure campaign. The setting is deliberatly more a framework than a tightly knit background in order to accomodate for any ideas the players may have.

System:
Dungeon and Dragons 5e

Setting:
Forgotten Realms, but not based on any existing region

The four cities are a loose confederation aimed at mutual protection and trade.
Bridgeton is the wealthiest and biggest of them and a few months ago the city council approved an expedition to a ruined city that was discovered not too far away.
You are onboard the "Jolly Wanderer", a ship that carries supplies from Bridgton to the expedition site. Floating along the river Galfer.
Maybe you were hired to guard the expedition, maybe you are a scholar who wants to study the ruins or maybe you are here because a mysterious feeling attracted you to the ruins.
It is dawn and you expect to arrive at the expedition site on the afternoon of the next day. You are sitting on the deck with nothing to do. So you decide to get to know your fellow crew members.

Character Generation Info
Characters start at Level 1.
Attributes are rolled with 4d6 drop lowest.
Allowed source books are the PHB, SCAG and XGtE.

Two players are currently in the game and I'm ready to run for 4-6 players.

Link to the game
Last edited April 18, 2021 9:55 pm
Apr 18, 2021 10:19 pm
Sounds interesting but I'm filled up at the moment.
Apr 18, 2021 10:32 pm
I've been wanting to play more level 1 DnD characters, would you mind a relatively new player? :D I'm not too familiar with the Forgotten Realms, though!
Apr 18, 2021 10:50 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
I've been wanting to play more level 1 DnD characters, would you mind a relatively new player? :D I'm not too familiar with the Forgotten Realms, though!
Absolutely no problem! Invite sent.
Apr 18, 2021 11:13 pm
I'm also somewhat new, both to the site and 5e as a system in particular (though I'm pretty savvy with Shadow of the Demon Lord, which I understand is based on 5e) and have room for just one more game. Not sure what the party currently has going on, but feel I can get caught up and be up to speed relatively quick if you're willing to gamble on some new blood :)
Apr 19, 2021 5:29 am
Sure, glad you're interested. Invite sent ;)
Apr 19, 2021 5:39 am
A ship and mysterious ruins! I would love to create a character to explore that premise if that's ok.
Apr 19, 2021 7:28 am
Happy to join in if you can squeeze in one more. :)
Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am
The more the merrier ;)
Invites sent...
Apr 20, 2021 1:56 am
Would love to join, still learning 5e mechanics, but am a Forgotten Realms fan
Apr 21, 2021 6:10 pm
Unfortunatly we are full but if a spot opens up, I'll message you
Jul 20, 2021 11:32 pm
Hey there.
Two players unfortunatly had to drop out of the game so we are looking for two new players.

Setting (Update):

Bridgeton is the wealthiest and biggest of them and a few months ago the city council approved an expedition to a ruined city that was discovered not too far away.
You are at an expedition camp, awaiting the arrival of the the "Jolly Wanderer", a ship that carries supplies from Bridgton to the expedition site.
Maybe you were hired to guard the expedition, maybe you are a scholar who wants to study the ruins or maybe you are here because a mysterious feeling attracted you to the ruins.
You just made some progress in uncovering the a larger complex of ruins when you hear some yelling. A group of people is nearing from the swamp in the north. Who could this be? And where is the supply ship?

Character Generation Info (Update)

Characters start at Level 2.

EDIT: The two players who left were a fighter and a cleric so melee and/or healing characters would be favourable for the group
Last edited July 21, 2021 10:24 am
Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm
I’m interested but I can’t work on a character until Wednesday of next week. If others are interested before that, I’ll withdraw.
Jul 21, 2021 11:18 pm
I would like to join the game as a fighter if you still have spots... I can make a character now or tomorrow...
Jul 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Alright. I invited both of you ;)
Feb 19, 2022 12:51 pm
Bumping the thread again.
Unfortunately we've had some dropouts again but the game is making some nice progress so we'd be looking for 1-3 new players.
Currently the group consists of a bard, a cleric and a warlock.

Setting (Update):

You are a member of this expedition. There have been some attacks on the camp and one of the supply ships has been destroyed by a mysterious incident.
You are summoned by Korsak, the expedition leader. You don't know why but maybe it has something to do with the temple that has recently been cleared out...

Character Generation Info (Update)

Characters start at Level 3.
Feb 19, 2022 4:35 pm
I'd be interested if you don't have an onrush of other folks that are a bit lighter on games currently. :)

Most likely would be looking to bring a barbarian, fighter, or rogue to the party.
Feb 19, 2022 5:37 pm
I’m interested
Feb 20, 2022 12:57 am
So am I! I have an idea for a Paladin of Helm but I can be flexible.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.