Out of the Darst (Screams Amongst the Stars)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 20, 2021 1:40 pm
Hi everyone. I have made a thread before about recruiting for a game. I have an idea of what will happen, and I'm ready to fish for players.

Link to the game.
Link to my earlier recruitment thread.
May 22, 2021 7:01 am
Introduction:
You are Spacers, people who have been entrusted with discovering and exploring planets. Your home world is not Earth which was lost a millenia ago. It is Darst which is a terraformed and colonized planet that has seen centuries of history.

Since you were children, you were told myths of the ancient humanity. The Golden Age of Colonization ended when the Age of Dark Tears came. A wave of alien death and evil spread across the galaxies and consumed the domains of mankind. It was only through divine intervention that mankind survived annihilation. This divine intervention took the form of the creation of the Creator's Light which repelled the Darkness. However by the time this occurred, it was too late for many fallen regions as their stars had been extinguished by the Dark Tide and subsequently all life in that region as well.

Darst is said to be one of the planets that was nearly wiped out by the Enemies of Mankind and it now sits on the precipice of desolation. As humanity began to reorganize itself, it met the bizarre beings responsible for the Light. These creatures swore peace, and even made themselves slowly appear like humans. However, these creatures warned humanity that their relationship was to be only there as long as they were allowed to help mankind. This meant that mankind had to adapt and listen to their guidance. This guidance eventually meant that human civilizations had their way of communication with each other lost, and their technological strength controlled and secretly monitored. Now of course, humanity being what is, this caused some factions to grow displeased while other factions became greedy.

It so happens that after 100 years, mankind finally was able to step back into space freely without that "divine intervention" which in turn could mean that they were about to sabotage their progress.
Last edited May 24, 2021 12:41 pm
May 23, 2021 3:15 pm
DeJoker sent a note to RoAries
Last edited May 23, 2021 3:16 pm
May 24, 2021 12:38 pm
Oh, thank you very much for helping me with grammar and the questions. I will look through and edit it.
While there is some vague wordings that I probably could have made clearer, it is still more or less intentional. The historical knowledge of these people are limited and restricted. And so, any bits of understanding have ended up similar to ancient myths and legends.

It is known that the last minute discovery of a weapon that can destroy this "grey goo"-like substance saved mankind. No one at the period of when this game is taking place knows how it really look like.

The government of Darst merely declared that it have communicated with unrevealed aliens that the crisis is not over yet, and to trust their guidance during the time humanity attempts to recover lost territory. It happens that one of the instructions is that the humans are not to explore the regions of space where most of the stars have disappeared. Some groups obviously refused this warning.

Over time, accidents and complications occur. At first it was the ships that has disappeared and ceased communication, then it was the planets who had their own technological systems failing, including unexpected mass destruction of data. As the worlds loss their method to communicate with each other, and their ships suffering from consistent failures, the majority of the leaders of Darst have decided to hunker down to avoid further losses.

Unfortunately, the situation grew worst, as the local Internet satellites have been shot down, and other electronic storage devices have been mysteriously corrupted. If there had been an enemy to shoot at, the people would have, but not one suspect can be pointed at, and so anarchy reigned for the early periods of technological decline.
Last edited May 24, 2021 1:09 pm
Jun 14, 2021 7:52 am
I'm still open to accepting players. However, you may do a very brief intro before joining the party.
Jul 21, 2021 12:45 pm
I am open for one player to take over another player who have been banned from gamersplane. You can choose to play another character, but I prefer if his character was to be taken over.

He is a Hippie Space Engineer. Due to "drama" aboard a space station due to his recreational herbs, he is made to relocate to another colony on a planet via an emergency pod spacecraft.
Aug 5, 2021 8:31 am
Bumping post.

Now that the party is at the mission location, I will allow for any new players to be a member at the local colony. You may possess some secrets about your time there.
Last edited August 5, 2021 8:31 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.