GP podcast.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 17, 2021 12:14 pm
Adam says:

...but now we have someone who understands this stuff, I can't help but think about the Postcast for each system thread too.

Has anybody ever thought of publishing their PbP adventure as a podcast? Reading it out - like an audiobook. Surely it's been discussed here before.

I've just been reading suggestions for Librivox volunteers to familiarise myself with best practices for recording narration. Dunno - maybe a topic for the discord.
bowlofspinach says:
I know CESN at some point considered making a game he was running into a neat document thing for others to read. Not a podcast, though.

I like the idea of reading a pbp game out as an audiobook in theory but it would probably require a lot of editing to not sound off. Unless you have different narrators for each post and have it somewher between audiobook and actual play. Interesting discussion for sure
KoldikSteelskin says:
Didn't see that anywhere on here It's an interesting Idea though, Love the Idea Pbp is a little bit slow for an Actual Play usually though, usually they run around an hour and release once or twice a week, I suppose a game that's been around for a while would be okay anything visual in the fourms eg. Pictures/maps would need to be discribed.

I have to say though it is something I thought about doing :)
I figured this needed It's own thread to become anything, of course though It's going to need more than that.
1: Voice Actors/Players & GM can be people who played the game or not.
2: the game. we can't run this off a nonexistent game and hope it will work
3: editing, I would hope each actor could at least edit enough that most of the work will be music and putting everything together.
4: music: as always I'll recommend Tabletop Audio but if people could make music, especially Intro/Outro music that would help make the show specially it's own.
5: Name Something Creative unique but not to out there, people need to find the podcast.
6: advertising/promotion do we ask for reviews, read them on air?
Last edited June 17, 2021 12:23 pm
Jun 18, 2021 1:47 am
So I do wanna say, this is an idea a previous GP member had, they got things started, but it never took off the ground. I'm all for it, and I'll support it in whatever way I can, just make sure you know the work you're in for :) And once I'm in a better place mentally, I plan on trying my own interview podcast idea again.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.