Stray Dogs Episode 3 - Day of Freedom

May 12, 2016 7:46 pm
While checking in with the crime lord Jorbo, whom the crew of the Ronin are in servitude to for the purchase of their ship, they encounter a desperate miner who has a job for them - Rescue some imprisoned miners held in slavery by what are believed to be forces of the Mazuran Empire - in a section of space deemed neutral territory by the peace treaty between the Empire and the League of Free Worlds.

The crew of the Ronin are to land on the windy, dusty planet of Tarnara and make their way to a mining colony. There they will find a group of enslaved miners and their well armed and armored captors. The mine produces talium, a volatile substance used in the making of fuels and explosives.

There are 4 mine shafts, each protected by a barracks, one miner billet, a storage facility, an HQ (including subspace radio array) and even a tavern on the premises.
May 12, 2016 9:53 pm
S'skaar punches in the coordinate for the landing, some distance away form the compound, just like their employers had suggested.

"I think we should switch to passive scanners: no need to loudly announce our arrival... Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary."
May 12, 2016 10:02 pm
"Copy that. Switching the Ronin's scanners to passive mode." Hotwire makes the switch, and adjusts his helmet scanners as well.
May 13, 2016 12:59 am
"Well that was a breeze. Passengers, hope you had a great flight, you can leave complaints in the box by the exit. These will be completely ignored". He turns around and sighs... land.
Last edited May 13, 2016 12:59 am
May 13, 2016 3:36 am
"Kalerik, I told you to stop labelling the paper shredder as 'suggestion box'..."
May 13, 2016 1:15 pm
PASSIVE SCANNING

RADIO SIGNATURE DETECTED: GPS COORDINATES N82.203.012 W14.120.504
DETECT OPEN RADIO CHANNEL - NO BROADCAST. RADIO IS NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE

Rolls

CTN 12 - (1d20)

May 13, 2016 7:53 pm
"Good, they haven't spotted us..."

Grabbing his gear and checking it, making sure his respiratory filters are in working order.

"Alright grunts, let's go save some miners!"
May 13, 2016 8:00 pm
Hotwire checks and re-checks his gear and waits for everyone to get ready before lowering the ramp.
May 13, 2016 8:06 pm
Tchok sits and waits patiently, patting Soupy's head.
May 19, 2016 1:59 pm
Kalerik finds a gully that the Ronin will fit snugly into and sets her down. The ship's front view port makes it clear that Tarnara is indeed a dark, dusty, windy place. The winds whip through the canyon leading out of the gully. Sensors show that the air is breathable, but the particle count is high, making a breathing mask or wrapping and goggles a good idea.
May 19, 2016 2:49 pm
S'skaar turns to chuck.

"Chuck, I know talking is more your style, so maybe you should stay behind in the Ronin, look out after the old girl while we're gone, and maybe keep an eye out for trouble on the sensors. If we need of you, we'll give you a call. Alright grunts, move out!"

S'skaar will lower the access ramp and, being the medic, wait for the heavier members of the team to go first.
OOC:
That ought to prevent using Chuck as a DMPC until Grendel comes back.
May 19, 2016 2:58 pm
Hotwire re-checks the seal in his respiratory filters, gives S'skaar a thumbs up, and moves down the ramp.
May 19, 2016 3:14 pm
Kalerik loiters around the door of the ship. "Ummmm... grunts? So that means I stay... right?"
May 19, 2016 6:37 pm
"That means you too celery boy. I hope you're not thinking of using that chainsword of yours again. I swear, if you end chopping yourself again, I'm planting what's left of you in a pot and keeping you as a house plant!"
May 19, 2016 6:37 pm
Tchok puts on his breathing mask and heads out onto the surface as well.
May 19, 2016 7:54 pm
The wind is filled with bits of sand and dirt, it stings any exposed flesh a bit (no game effect) but you are able to walk. If you don't have communicators you'll have to yell to hear each other (especially within breath masks). You can see the lights of the mining colony to the North East... the ravine ahead should take you in the right direction.
May 19, 2016 8:22 pm
S'skaar will take out his radio and does a quick scan of the frequencies, see if he can pick up anything and also to find an unused frequency which he can use to communicate with the others.
Last edited May 19, 2016 8:22 pm
May 20, 2016 3:24 am
Following along Kalerik looks offended at S'skaar. Kalerik shouts after him. "P-p-plant me? How about I put you in a Terrarium, buddy and feed you crickets. Lets see how you like that". Kalerik looks for any type of animal life, how do they survive here.
May 20, 2016 3:37 am
"So long as you keep that terrarium nice and warm, I'd quite like it. Crickets are my favourite food, especially Tau Ceti IV crickets... hmm, plump and juicy, quite the delicacy from where I come from... Now shush, I'm tying to listen to the radio..."
May 20, 2016 12:25 pm
S'skaar finds a scrambled comms channel. There is occasional chatter on it, but he can't make it out. After a while, he seems to have found a channel not being used, suitable for communication.

Kalerik looks around and sees a bit of scrub here and there (Please make a MND+IN check, too)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.