Chapter 1 - The Red Waterfall

load previous
May 26, 2015 9:21 pm
"Owie, owie, owie!!!"

OOC: 3 HP removed.
Jun 2, 2015 10:54 pm
[Sorry, missed some post notifications!]

Ewan would like to try to swat off the stirge attached to Kicsi's arm.

[If there's any roll modifiers/disadvantage associated with that, let me know and I'll reroll]
Last edited June 2, 2015 10:54 pm

Rolls

Attack (short sword) - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Damage - (1d6+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Jun 3, 2015 7:00 pm
Ewan's blade slices the lower half of the bat-like creature on Kicsi's arm and makes a sickening spat sound as it hits the ground. Kicsi, flailing wildly, manages to pull the head of the creature off her arm.

Mac turns to face the third creature, places his thumbs together and outstretches his fingers sending an intense beam of red hot energy into its face. It's last sounds are a horrid screeching sound.

The remaining creature, seemingly aware of its fallen brethren, lunges at Mac and attaches itself about the neck. The wizard cries out in pain.
Jun 4, 2015 1:41 am
Kicsi's eyes widen as she sees Ewan's sword swing towards her and rips the the creature in two. "Get this thing off of me!" she screams as she finally manages to detach the rest of the creature. Regaining what little composure she had left she hears Mac let out a yelp and turns to see one of the creatures on his neck.

Sheating Kard as she runs towards Mac she throws two quick punches in an attempt to dislodge Mac's attacker.

Rolls

Unarmed Strike One - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Unarmed Strike One Damage - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Unarmed Strike Two - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Unarmed Strike Two Damage - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 4, 2015 8:14 pm
The first punch misses its mark as Mac turns chaotically at the last second while the second punch smashes into the back of the creatures head. There is a sharp cracking sound followed by the slumping of the creature on Mac's skin, teeth still dug in.
Jun 11, 2015 12:39 am
Kicsi, realizing that she still has parts of dead creature hanging to her arm, gently removes them and takes a look around the cavern.

"I wonder if this is where we're supposed to find those gems?" she asks to whoever might be listening.
Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm
Ewan will search the chamber for exits or interesting things hidden among the stalagmites.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jun 11, 2015 7:23 pm
Looking around the cave, Ewan finds nothing save dirt, rocks, and bat guano. Not a single gem can be found and there don't seem to be any other passage ways to explore. He gets the impression that this truly is just an ordinary cave with nothing special about it at all. After searching herself, Kicsi comes to the same conclusion. Mac shakes his head in the corner. "I think we may have been duped," he states bluntly.
Jun 18, 2015 2:04 am
"Do you guys think there may be some more caves around here?"
Jun 18, 2015 3:51 am
Mac shakes his head. "I doubt it," the wizard replied. I had wanted to say something before we left Red Larch but didn't. I didn't trust that lady. My suspicions have been confirmed." He kicked a pebble with his boot and looked around the cave in vain once more hoping that maybe something would grab his attention that he had missed the first dozen times.
Jun 18, 2015 4:08 pm
"So what was the point of that? To waste our time? I can't imagine she would think those stirges would be enough of an ambush to get rid of us permanently."
Jun 19, 2015 1:36 am
Mac stroked his chin and thought awhile before answering. "She was acting strange if you ask me. Maybe she was trying to derail us for a short time." The wizard shrugged his shoulders and looked over at Ghelin for another opinion.
Jun 23, 2015 12:24 am
"Perhaps we should go back and question her?" the wizard added.
Jun 23, 2015 12:45 am
"Excellent idea, Mac!" Kicsi exclaims. "I think she has a bit of explaining to do."
Jun 23, 2015 3:50 pm
"Fine by me," Ewan says. He picks up a dead stirge. One never knows when a prop might carry some extra rhetorical punch.
Jun 23, 2015 9:05 pm
You travelled back to Red Larch as quickly as you could arriving shortly before sunset. You headed up the Long Road and found Albaeri barking orders at more of her miners and that she doesn't give one rat's tail about their pay but no one is going back into the mines when robed figures in the masks are still around each night.

She huffed a curse under her breath and turned to walk back to her house. She stopped dead in her tracks upon seeing the lot of you with a look of utter surprise on her face.
Jun 24, 2015 3:59 pm
Ewan gives her a dead-eyed smile. "No gems in the cave. Just a lot of these." He holds up the dead stirge. "What's that you were saying about robed figures? Kids playing pranks, right?" He tosses the stirge on the ground. "What's going on here, Albaeri? We'd like some straightforward answers."
Jun 24, 2015 11:27 pm
Kicsi puffs up her chest and crosses her arms in front of her, trying to look as tough as a 3'2" halfling can possibly look.

"Yeah!"
Jun 26, 2015 2:28 am
The Tethyrian woman cowered back as the Tiefling made his point. "Look, I don't want any trouble here," she pleaded hands brought together on her chest. "Since the weather has been acting all funny many people have been coming around and getting in the way of our business." She paced around in front of her door looking towards the quarry. "We are the true Believers here, not like all of you phonies showing up. Larrakh warned us against the like of you." She spun to run into her house but Mac casually put out a foot to trip her and send her crashing into the dirt and grass.

"We're most certainly not done with you yet," the wizard said.
Jun 29, 2015 12:04 am
"Larrakh? Who is this Larrakh?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.