*CLOSED* Icewind Dale [D&D 5e]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 4, 2021 1:47 pm
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/idrotf/7Av7Gi2DxDtdzZPt/idrotf-cover.jpg
✅ The Pitch. ever played Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden?
No: Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden tells the story of a group who decides to deal with problems in the Ten Towns, those problems start small but grow as the adventurers progress they begin to realize all of these problems tie together into a larger trouble
Yes: wish to play it again?

Icewind Dale, featured in this adventure, is located in a region called the Far North, which is dominated by the Spine of the World, a range of skyscraping, snow-covered peaks. These extend toward the Sword Coast, which forms the western edge of the great continent of Faerûn and stretches southward for thousands of miles. Ships and roads lead southbound travelers to a number of bustling ports along the Sword Coast

Icewind Dale has few trees, so lumber is cut from the slopes of the Spine of the World or the depths of the Lonelywood Forest. Stone from the hills and valleys surrounding Kelvin's Cairn supplements wood as a building material in Ten-Towns. Homes have sharply pitched roofs to prevent snow from accumulating on them.

The people of Ten-Towns wear layers of woolen clothing often topped off with fur cloaks. Under these heavy clothes and cloaks, one resident looks very much the same as another. Outdoors, it's hard to tell the people of Ten-Towns apart. and easy for clever monsters to hide in their midst.
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/idrotf/7Av7Gi2DxDtdzZPt/map-2.1-icewind-dale-player.jpg
✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes. none
✅ Character Restrictions.
Like the famous drow Drizzt Do'Urden, many people who come to Ten-Towns are outcasts, fugitives, or pariahs in search of a place where they can be tolerated, if not accepted. Some came here determined to make their fortunes. Others come for the solitude, or to escape notice and stay out of the reach of the law of the southern cities. Today, four hundred years after the formation of Ten-Towns, most folk are here because they were born here, grew up here, and expect to die here. They're fishers, loggers, miners, hunters, trappers, furriers, and traders accustomed to the harsh climate, the slow pace, and the isolation. Like the hardy lichens and determined reindeer of the tundra, residents endure and do what's needed to survive.
Limited to that which wizards of the coast has released and No Drow 1 is enough for the Icewind Dale.
Hp: max at first level roll after.
Ability Scores: 4d6 drop lowest.
Secrets: This module uses something called secrets to help with character building, if you don't already have a charater concept though that's fine if a secret applies I'll let you know.
✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency. 5 times per week
✅ Specialized Software and Resources. none
✅ Player Experience Requirements. No prior experience required
✅ How to Apply. I am looking for 4-6 players but don't stop yourself from letting me know your interested by
letting me know your interested along with the number of games you are currently in, a brief character concept is optional. I will pick people by the end of the week.
Game Page
Last edited August 20, 2021 12:10 pm
Aug 4, 2021 2:42 pm
Hello KoldikSteelskin. I’m interested in playing. I’m not playing in any other games right now. I saw you mention "no prior experience required". I think that partially applies to me, as my experience is with prior versions of D&D and Pathfinder. If I make a character, it may require some adjustments if any of the basics have changed. I’d like to play a Half-Orc Fighter (first choice) or Half Orc Barbarian (second choice) or a Human Monk (last choice). If this works for you, I’ll write up a background for the character. I don’t have any of the 5th edition books. Are they required?

Thanks!
Aug 4, 2021 2:53 pm
Dungeons And Dragons Has an SRD that lets you play pretty much anything so the books are definitely not required, I believe Half-Orc is in the SRD so you should be good as far as you concept goes.
Aug 4, 2021 3:02 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Dungeons And Dragons Has an SRD that lets you play pretty much anything so the books are definitely not required, I believe Half-Orc is in the SRD so you should be good as far as you concept goes.
Excellent! I'll get to work on it and have the stats and background in to you ASAP.
Aug 4, 2021 3:04 pm
I'm DMing IDRotF at the moment, but it's always nice to look at the other side of the screen. I think this is one of WotC's finest campaigns.

I have a couple of character ideas.
https://i.imgur.com/jBLtZZK.pngAsh's fast mouth puts the smooth in smooth criminal. "Silver-tongued? Look again, fam, that's platinum."

Half-elf but one hundred percent hustle, got more angles than barbed devil's geometry problem, and slicker than mayo made with oil of slipperiness. If Ash was any more streetwise they'd need levels in street cleric.

"You think Icewind dale is cold? Check out my Three-Dragon Ante game - 'cos that's a game I got a cold lock on. But locks ain't a problem, fam, locks I can deal with. Speaking of deals - you know the best thing about winter furs? Bigger sleeves have more cards up them."

Good fences make good neighbours? Well, even good fences occasionally put a foot wrong, upset Yagra Stonefist, and have to look for new neighbours. Surely the Zhent don't extend as far north as this frozen hellhole, right? Right, fam?
https://i.imgur.com/iDSmXL1.pngGrey over grey. J'Ay drifts. Dark cottony clouds overwing. Rolling softness of unlit snow beneath. He seeks his lost lovebird. A blizzard separated them over the barren Spine. Lost, lovesick, twisting in the frigid air. He looks for the signs of life his order venerate. Yet J'Ay sees little to reassure him. Animals and plants are his fellowships. Here is only empty grey. The grey of white trapped in darkness.

J'Ay spies a walled town on a hill. Intellectually, the aarokocra understands why the crawling folk build walls, but he'll never truly feel their significance until he takes an animal form.

The glide has been long. It is time to land. It is time to seek aid.
I am playing in one game and I am DMing three. Please take new users or people with fewer games before me.
Last edited August 4, 2021 3:18 pm
Aug 4, 2021 4:58 pm
Can I join this game? pretty familiar with the settings (videogames) I'm currently in 4 games two of which are 5E but one of my current D&D games is progressing slowly. granted there are no posts in just 4 days now.

I have a character in mind about a ranger that's half Kara-Tur, half Ten-Towns resident. her parents was a disgraced samurai from that mysterious eastern continent and her mother a huntress from the town of Lonelywood.
[ +- ] Reika Dakheir
Last edited August 4, 2021 5:01 pm
Aug 4, 2021 5:18 pm
No promises yet I want to give Interested parties at least two or three days to respond before picking players.
Aug 4, 2021 6:27 pm
Good luck on this quest in the Dale! I would put my hat in the ring, but there are many others who have way fewer games than I do on here.
Aug 4, 2021 6:57 pm
I'm playing in one 5E game and one SW game is starting soon. If there are enough spots, I'd enjoy playing this. I'll think on a concept!
Aug 4, 2021 7:17 pm
I'm GMing one game (D6 Star Wars) on this site, and hope to play in more games. :)
[ +- ] Lowra, daughter of Drazak
Aug 5, 2021 1:39 am
I'm very much interested in playing if you still have room for more players...
Aug 5, 2021 11:21 am
funfungiguy says:
Still room! need # of games you're in.
Last edited August 5, 2021 11:22 am
Aug 5, 2021 6:31 pm
I would like a slot. I am in 8 games, and I am running 3.
Aug 5, 2021 9:41 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
funfungiguy says:
Still room! need # of games you're in.
I'm currently running a game of B/X D&D. I'm playing in three other games, (two are 5e, one is Barebones Fantasy)but only one is a daily post and really active regularly. The other two start and stop in spurts.

I'd be looking to play a halfling monk character I like using, or a halfling ranger.
Aug 6, 2021 2:45 am
I'm interested and I'm not in any games at the moment.
Last edited August 6, 2021 2:46 am
Aug 6, 2021 2:27 pm
Players have been selected and Invites Sent!
Northstar404, fuffufgiguy, IG77, blue, mormigil and Adam Welcome to Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden.
if you have not already the Game page can be found here where you can accept the Invite!
Aug 14, 2021 11:12 am
Looking for 1 or two more players for thia game.
Aug 14, 2021 12:06 pm
I would be interested. I am not in any games on Gamers Plane. Aside from trying one of the new subclasses from Tasha's, I am open to concept but tend towards magic using types. Considering going dragonborn to keep up the weird fur-wrapped stranger vibe that Ten Towns allows.
Aug 14, 2021 3:05 pm
KoldikSteelskin sent a note to Verrain
Aug 15, 2021 12:22 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
Verrain sent a note to Verrain
Verrain sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.