Manor of Origin (REDUX)

load previous
Aug 17, 2021 12:30 am
Banshee wakes Inquisitor, more to avoid awaking the child than for any other reason. She whispers, "A while ago, I heard a something, like somebody sneaking quietly outside. It's been quiet for a while since."
Aug 17, 2021 8:49 pm
"Alright, I'll stay alert. You go, get some rest lass; we don't know when we'll be able to rest again in this dreadful place..."

He reaches into his pocket and takes out a coin. He keeps it in his hand and occasionally moves it around a bit while his gaze is locked at a nearby candle holder; the fire burning the candles seems to be getting brighter and bigger for no apparent reason.

After a while, he decides to check things outside.

Gharn cracks the door open, just so he could take a look around. He channels his magic through the runestones on his necklace and casts a minor illusion of a Scottish Deerhound, sending it outside in the hallway.
Last edited August 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Aug 17, 2021 8:59 pm
What meets Gharn’s eyes as he opens the door just a crack is not a pleasant sight.
Pinned to the the wall by a truly tremendous amount of knives is the body of the woman in purple robes, looking much much worse than it did back in the room of red trees.

To start, it has been stripped of its robes, leaving the tattered remains of small clothes after the rest of the damage had been done. To put it simply, the body has been flayed, devoured, carved. Her abdomen is split open, bones and viscera plain to see. Chunks of flesh from the corpse’s arms and legs have been ripped out, as if by a savage beast. Her eyes are missing, as is one of her ears. The corpse has be thoroughly desecrated.

Painted next to the body in blood (presumably the corpse’s) are the words I’m hungry…
Aug 18, 2021 1:46 pm
As soon as he lays eyes on the grim sight in the hallway, he quickly dismisses the dog illusion.

"Bloody hell, what on earth could have done this?? I'll let the others rest and look into it later. As long as there is later..."

Going against his instinct to raise the alarm, Gharn closed back the door and murmured "Minor illusion", making the door look like the outside wall, with a random painting on it - making it blend seamlessly with the rest of the hallway.

He took his sword in his hands and concentrated until both him and it glowed with a light blue aura for a couple seconds. "Weapon bond, check."

He checked on his collapsible shield, not deploying it to avoid waking up the others and went over the spells he had memorised in his head - anything that would keep him alert and occupied as long as he didn't have time to think of what he saw outside.
Last edited August 18, 2021 1:48 pm
Aug 18, 2021 4:48 pm
Gharn’s watch passes uneventfully, if a bit full of stress and worry.
The scent of blood always at the edge of his senses.

After what seems like an eternity, the hours pass, and the party begins to rouse themselves.
Aug 18, 2021 9:49 pm
Luc wakes up and looks around to make sure everyone is alright. "How was the night? Any visits?" He quietly asks Inquisitor.

Then he looks at the girl and checks to see if she is still sleeping.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+0)

(2) = 2

Aug 19, 2021 12:00 am
Faux catches the girl staring at him, seemingly in thought.
Though she quickly shuts her eyes and pretends to be asleep.
OOC:
Roll insight.
Perhaps you had something on your face.
Aug 19, 2021 1:50 am
Banshee doesn't sleep, not really, but mediates, her mind relaxing and processing the crazy day. When Gharn opens the door she waits, and when he looks shaken, still she waits. If it was an immediate threat, she trusts that he'd signal her.

In the morning, add the others complete their own rests, she begins to pray to the gods of death for her magic to be replenished.

In that way, still she waits.
Last edited August 19, 2021 1:51 am
Aug 19, 2021 9:07 am
"Hey Faux. Well... It'll be better if you saw for yourselves. As soon as everyone's up, I'll get into details. Maybe we should leave the little one to the company of our injured friend. I guess she might have seen worse, but there's no need to agitate the little one even more."

He looks around at the others, checking on who's up and about.
Aug 19, 2021 11:35 am
Banshee looks over at the Archie and Lance. She'd have preferred to heal the big guy last night before resting, but it was better to make sure the damage was repaired first, apparently. She was an indifferent healer but knew that it was an important skill to have.

She nods back at Gharn. "Another day, another horror show," she says quietly.
Aug 19, 2021 4:09 pm
Lance is sitting in a corner, running his one hand along the length of his red tree spear. He looks a bit vacant, but otherwise alright.

Archie rouses himself with several grunts of displeasure. Still looking quite pale, he roots around in his bag and pulls out several vibrant leaves, which he then shoved in his mouth and chews, grimacing all the while.
He looks at Banshee.
"What’s this about a horror show?"
Aug 19, 2021 5:19 pm
"Monsters in the night, prowling the hallway, during my watch. Gharn will tell us if he heard them come back."

She looks through her own belongings for food. She had only two days worth of rations remaining. She decides to do without for now.
Aug 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Luc was preparing his spells when Inquisitor spoke to him. He looks at him and realizes that something has happened and nods quietly.

He turns to the child and gently wakes her: "Good morning, little one! You are hungry?" Luc looks for food in his bag and hands her a portion. "I'll assume you don't remember your name either, you can give yourself one if you like, or maybe you have a nickname? Anyways, no hurry, you don't need to talk if you're not comfortable." Luc says to the girl as he smiles and tries to be positive with her. "You are safe with us!" He very gently brings his hand to her face, making it very clear that he doesn't want to hurt her. "May I?" Luc touches her forehead with his finger and cast Mage Armor on her again and also cast Prestidigitation to clean some of the dry blood and dirt off her.
Last edited August 19, 2021 7:12 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

COME ON, DICE! DON'T DISAPPOINT ME! - (1d20+0)

(19) = 19

Aug 19, 2021 7:18 pm
"Alright, I believe the young lassie needs to stay put; the rest of you can join me outside when you think you're ready."

Gharn makes a swift small gesture towards the door, dispelling his illusion and exits the room; he looks around the hallway, trying to take in more details now that all were awake.
"Oi, get your bloody arses over here already."
Last edited August 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Rolls

Investigating out - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Aug 19, 2021 7:22 pm
The child’s face is once again painted with confusion, she opens her mouth briefly as if to say something, then closes it.
OOC:
Roll Perception.
The confusion melts away with the warm wash of magical energy, and a slow realization creeps across her face. With this apparent epiphany come tears, and the glimmer of light once absent starts to return as she buries her face into Faux’s shoulder once more.

In the brief instant the child’s mouth is open Faux sees something. For a moment he thinks it’s just his imagination, that there’s no way that could be. Then he remembers what he thinks happened to her and thinks better of waving it away. Engraved on her tongue are runes. Runes in sequence for the silence spell.
Aug 19, 2021 7:25 pm
Gharn doesn’t notice much more than he did last night, though there isn’t a blood trail so he can conclude that whatever did this probably cut up the corpse right outside the door.
Aug 19, 2021 8:18 pm
His expression of optimism slightly changes to one of concern. "I see" He says with a sad tone. "We'll help you little girl, we'll give you your voice back!" He forces the optimism back into his expression while hugging her.

"Now, if you'll excuse me just for a second. Uncle Faux needs to help Uncle Inquisitor and Aunt Banshee out there, it'll be real quick, you will be safe here."

Luc gets up and goes to the door and checks the hallway, he sees that scene of horror and immediately holds the vomit in his mouth. He takes a few seconds to compose himself, takes a deep breath, cast Mage Armor on himself and concentrates to join Inquisitor in looking for clues.

Rolls

Investigation on the woman's body - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm
Over his growing urge to vomit, Faux examines the body closer.
Beside the obvious trauma, upon closer examination of the open chest cavity, Faux finds several organs missing. Specifically the heart, liver, and kidneys. Edible organs.
Aug 21, 2021 12:36 am
Upon walking out to see what the fuss was about, Archie is not very pleased with what he finds.
With a grimace he says, " I didn’t like her very much, but this is far more than she really deserved."
He looks to the group. " A bit concerning don’tcha think?"
Aug 21, 2021 12:42 am
Banshee is glad she hadn't eaten and vows off food for the next ... ever. "Concerning? This was not here last night. I sat with my back to that door for hours, and heard something moving, but I did not hear ... " she waves frantically at the creepshow "any of that."

She kneels in front of the girl, and says the prayers for last rites.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.