[Closed] Iskandar City of Spires: 5e Learning Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Len

Aug 13, 2021 7:09 pm
https://i.imgur.com/yGW9QTg.png
Welcome to Iskandar, City of Spires! Where merchants are masters and coin is king, but thieves and assassins rule the night. Where gods and priests walk side by side even as unspeakable wealth peers down upon crushing poverty. Where guilds and great houses spar for political supremacy while fiendish hordes muster just over the horizon. Iskandar! Home to all that is wondrous, noble, and laudable, and to all that is wanton and vile.
This Game is a Learning Game for D&D 5e
The streets of Iskandar will be a training ground for players to learn Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition in the play-by-post format in general. As such, we are looking for players who are new to D&D 5e or new to Gamers Plane for this game.

To better help new players, this game has two dungeon masters: Jabes.plays.RPG and lenpelletier. We are both moderators and long-time members of the Gamers Plane community, and we started this game because we wanted to help new players learn the ropes!

This Game is a Safe Space
The game will take place in a morally-gray urban setting, but will stay firmly PG-13. Players will have a chance to discuss what they do not want in this game. Also, we welcome players from every walk of life regardless of the color of your skin, who you are attracted to, what pronouns you use, and what gods you worship. Making sure everyone feels safe and has a fun time is our top priority.

One thing to be aware of is we would like this game to be public, which means other people can read the game forums and our posts. This is so that other people can learn about D&D and play by post gaming from this game even if they don't play in it. You can always use private messages if there are things you want to say during a game but don't want to appear 'on record.'

What Kind Of Commitment is this Game?
We will be aiming for everyone to post about once per day. The nature of the game will be episodic so that there will be regular points at which you can get off the ride if you get busy, and get back on again at a later date. And if it turns out this game isn't for you, please feel free to leave at any time.

How Do You Apply to the Game?
Drop us a comment in this thread! Let us know a little bit about why you want to join this game and what you're hoping to get out of it. If you'd like to take a sneak peek at the game forums before you apply, here they are! We're still setting things up, but it should give you and idea of what to expect.

Questions?
Feel free to post questions about this game in this thread or send us a private message.
Aug 14, 2021 4:27 pm
I'm new-ish here...so if you need a new player I can sliddle in... (I've just made that word up) I am still learning the mechanical aspects of the game so far especially combat...

Len

Aug 14, 2021 4:50 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Neither new to D&D or Gamersplane but thought that I could offer to help a Single member of this game with whatever they need. If you feel like you need the extra help let me know, as I want to help everyone feel welcome to both Gamersplane and D&D 5e
Thanks KoldikSteelskin. With two DMs we are good for help but we appreciate the offer.

Len

Aug 14, 2021 5:03 pm
mormegil says:
I'm new-ish here...so if you need a new player I can sliddle in... (I've just made that word up) I am still learning the mechanical aspects of the game so far especially combat...
Sliddle on in, mormegil!
Aug 17, 2021 4:22 pm
Ok, seems like this would be a good place to start. Thanks for inviting. I want to see if I can manage this kind of D&D/roleplay. As I dont have time or companions to play in real life. First time doing D&D by writing, but I have done my share of written RP and live D&D back in the day. My last session was around 3 years ago so I'm rusty. Here is a link to one of my past RPs (was both a player and a DM of sorts there). Anything else? Where do I start?
Aug 17, 2021 4:45 pm
Hi, Peindora! Follow this link and click Apply. :-)

Len

Aug 22, 2021 12:48 am
This game now has all its players and applications are closed. If you're curious on how the game is going, here is a link to the forums.
Aug 29, 2021 9:52 am
I’ve been reading through this and all I’ve go to say is Bravo!

Players are lucky to be in such good hands.

Len

Aug 29, 2021 10:20 pm
Thanks matmasian! It had been really fun to put together and the players are doing a great job.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.