Game invite notification

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 22, 2021 12:34 am
There has to be a way to receive a game invite from a GM automatically on GP, without having to wait for an email. There has to be a better way to invite and join a game. Especially for people using antique equipment, sorry I can't upgrade... But it's not an option, at all. Am using an Android 4.2.2 device unfortunately. Yes I know it will stop working sooner than later :-) .

Who knows, I may be the only person with this issue, if I am then disregard.

Getting the invite via email, only because I subscribed to receive notifications for new posts in a thread is pretty slow in this day and age. I didn't think I even got into the game, since the last post regarding invites was 2 days old.

Having to log in all over again from the link in the email on a mobile device is painful as well lol.
Aug 22, 2021 12:39 am
If you go to the Game Details page, you will see a message that you have been invited to join, and you need only click the JOIN button. The GM can send invited people a link to the game, or better yet, include that link in their interest check thread.
Aug 22, 2021 12:48 am
But, yes, it is a problem. Especially with the delays on emails.

There has been talk about adding a banner to the font page like with people requesting to join, this will help for those who look at the front page.

It also seems to me like these games should be listed in one's Games list so they are easier to find.
Aug 22, 2021 2:00 am
The site development team is looking into ways to add a more easily accessible notification outside of email. Until then, a PM by the GM with a URL to the game is the quickest way to make sure the players know they have been invited.
Aug 22, 2021 2:32 am
If a GM says invites will go out soon, and the only choice is to wait for an email is pretty bad. An automatic DM to each player can't be that hard to add.

We talk to each other here but can't tell each other to join the game without an email? It automatically sends an email to an outside source, but can't send an internal notification automatically? It should not take a link from the GM when an email is auto sent when he invites you.

How this hasn't been a priority issue baffles me, but I am not a programmer so what do I know?
Last edited August 22, 2021 2:33 am
Aug 22, 2021 4:56 am
It is being worked on right now.

I would expect GMs to notify their players. I always post in the Interest Check with the names of who I'm inviting and a link to the game page.
I feel like on a page that is all about just writing each other, that bit of communication can be expected. But it is an issue that is being looked into.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.