New to PbP, need more DnD in my life!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 25, 2016 2:10 am
Heya!
I've been doing a bit of searching for a good forum for tabletop games, famous stories of epic forum games (whether true or not) coupled with some inconsistent scheduling in my tabletop group led me here! My schedule is very inconsistent, so the ability to choose a game that matches how often I'd be able to post really drew me here. I'm a recent high school graduate from NY with most of my summer ahead of me. I only know DnD 5e, which I have been playing for about 3-4 years, but I am open to learning new systems once I know how much time I can dedicate to this forum. Cheers!
Last edited May 25, 2016 2:11 am
May 25, 2016 2:26 am
Welcome liteningstrike! If you're looking to try new systems, there are fantastic GMs on GP that help you find your way, whether you wanna stick close to DnD (like Pathfinder) or super far away (like a storytelling game).

All in all, I'm glad to have you about. We're continuing to work to build up the social side of GP along with the gaming, so hopefully it'll scratch both your itches.
May 25, 2016 3:36 am
Welcome! Lots of games to tickle your fancy. Many popular games and lots of experimental ones, too.
May 25, 2016 5:48 am
Welcome! Stop in at the Games Tavern to see what's on offer just now, I know there are several games recruiting so you could jump straight in.
May 25, 2016 10:29 am
Hi and welcome. Just be careful and watch for game acceptance overload. Above all though have fun.
May 25, 2016 3:39 pm
Welcome! One of us, one of us!
May 25, 2016 4:37 pm
Cerris214 says:
Hi and welcome. Just be careful and watch for game acceptance overload. Above all though have fun.
Welcome! And this piece of advice is about the best I can give the new players! I fell into that trap myself XD
May 25, 2016 5:18 pm
irvanovich says:
Cerris214 says:
Welcome! And this piece of advice is about the best I can give the new players! I fell into that trap myself XD
Welcome, and I will give the same advice: Beware of joining too many games!
May 25, 2016 5:23 pm
Don't listen to them! JOIN ALL THE GAMES. ;)
May 25, 2016 5:26 pm
Hello and welcome. I've been wanting to give D&D Next a try for a while now...
May 25, 2016 5:26 pm
Moofsalot says:
At least then, we'd have another member for the support group. ;)
May 25, 2016 5:27 pm
irvanovich says:
Moofsalot says:
At least then, we'd have another member for the support group. ;)
I'll bake some cookies!
May 25, 2016 5:43 pm
Hello!

I start wanting d&d and ended up playing allot of Star wars. Have a blast and have fun trying new systems also.
May 25, 2016 6:15 pm
Thanks for the kind welcomes! I think I'm going to like it here! I've already asked to join a game or three, but I think I chose ones that were a little too established already to take new players. I'll have another look at the games tavern

You do not have permission to post in this thread.