Looking for player (FTD, Mystara, OSR/O5R)[closed]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 1, 2021 12:39 am
Hello all,

Just had a player drop a bunch of games due to health problems and mine was amongst the casualties. So I have another slot opened for my game.

We are playing some old Mystara classic adventures updated to 5e by Goodman Games in their Original Adventures Reincarnated series. However, instead of 5e, we'll be using Five Torches Deep, an OSR/O5R system inspired/compatible with 5e. We've started with Keep on the Borderlands, and thanks to an unlucky encounter with goblins, the party is not too advanced in the adventure... So no worry about feeling like you need catching up.
Last edited January 4, 2022 12:24 am
Oct 24, 2021 12:24 am
I'll re-up this.

My remaining players who had new characters to make have introduced them. The players are still roleplaying some stuff at The Keep, so there is still plenty of time to introduce a new character, perhaps they can meet the next day before leaving the Keep... If not, there's always time to meet them on the road...
Oct 24, 2021 7:20 pm
And on the plus side, the goblins are already fed!

😭
Oct 25, 2021 6:15 pm
Hi kalajel! If you still have an opening I am interested. Although, I have not played FTD as of yet.
Oct 25, 2021 7:31 pm
I do have an opening left. I'll go ahead and send you an invite.

Edit: Invite sent.
Last edited October 26, 2021 12:49 am
Oct 26, 2021 12:11 pm
kalajel says:
I do have an opening left. I'll go ahead and send you an invite.

Edit: Invite sent.
Thanks kalajel. I'll take a look at the forum asap.
Oct 26, 2021 5:08 pm
Cool. Even though I technically still have 2 spots left (OSR scenarios often required very large groups), I have a full roster, so I'll close this thread for now.
Jan 2, 2022 4:37 pm
I'll re-open this thread as it seems my newest player has ghosted.

So I have a spot free, the party would be in need of a thief.
Jan 3, 2022 12:53 pm
I’m not very well-acquainted with the system but, if that’s not a problem, I’d be interested in joining :)
Jan 3, 2022 4:52 pm
Five Torches Deep basically takes the bones of D&D 5e and adds a layer of OSR on top of it (fewer HP, lower attributes, character death more common, XP for treasures, etc.) I'll go ahead and send you an invite.

Edit: invite sent.
Last edited January 3, 2022 4:53 pm
Jan 3, 2022 5:00 pm
I'm interested too if you need another. Similarly, I do not know the game system, but willing to get the FTD book and learn. I play 5e so if similar should be quick to pick up.
Jan 3, 2022 6:12 pm
Assuming oopsylon accepts the invitation, my party will be already full with 8 players. Still, I'll keep your name in mind should I need a replacement in the future. Thanks for showing interest.
Last edited January 3, 2022 6:12 pm
Jan 3, 2022 9:05 pm
Many thanks! Yeah, I saw you only had one opening when oopsylon applied but never hurts to have a bench ;-) I read a little about FTD, that's pretty interesting. Happy Gaming!
Jan 4, 2022 12:23 am
Welcome oopsylon, and thanks to Penguini for shwing interest. I'll go a head and close this thread now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.