Deadlands CS seems to freeze

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm
I've been trying to make a new SWADE Deadlands character, but the CS never seems to load, the site is just stuck in this perpetual loading state and the CS is never created.

Not sure if this is a known bug...
Oct 13, 2021 4:00 pm
Is the character sheet shared? Can I have a link to it?
Oct 13, 2021 4:03 pm
That happens to me about 60% of the time I try to make a character. I just refresh and try again until it works
Oct 13, 2021 4:06 pm
bowlofspinach says:
That happens to me about 60% of the time I try to make a character. I just refresh and try again until it works
What are the steps to reproduce this?

1. Visit All Characters.
2. Under New Character enter a label and select Savage Worlds.
3. Click Create

The site hangs (60% of the time)?
Oct 13, 2021 4:08 pm
Adam says:
Is the character sheet shared? Can I have a link to it?
Sorry, can't do it, the character never got created as when I try to create it, the site is stuck in this loading loop...
bowlofspinach says:
Is this something new? Because that's the first I heard of it. I first tried to make a regular SWADE character because I had forgotten to check what CS the game accepted, and the SWADE CS worked just fine...
Last edited October 13, 2021 4:09 pm
Oct 13, 2021 4:13 pm
I mean, 60% was mostly a random number. But I would say it happens more often than not.

Has been happening for me, probably since ever since I joined the site. Or at least I don't remember it starting at some point.
I mostly make Custom sheets so that's where I usually get that error. Not sure if it happens equally with all types. I never conducted any experiments on that.
Oct 13, 2021 4:14 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I mean, 60% was mostly a random number. But I would say it happens more often than not.

Has been happening for me, probably since ever since I joined the site. Or at least I don't remember it starting at some point.
I mostly make Custom sheets so that's where I usually get that error. Not sure if it happens equally with all types. I never conducted any experiments on that.
Huh, weird. I've been here since 2015 and that's the first time I ran into this problem...
Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm
Any odd characters in the character's label? Lots of apostrophes? Swedish characters?
Oct 13, 2021 4:17 pm
Adam says:
Any odd characters in the character's label? Lots of apostrophes? Swedish characters?
Nope.
Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Okay - @Bowlofspinach - next time, before you create a character, can you press F12 and keep an eye on the console window for any errors?
Oct 13, 2021 4:25 pm
Can't get it replicated right now but I'll try to remember and when it happens again, I'll let you know
Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm
bowlofspinach says:
did you know that 90% of stats people tell you are false.
Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm
Tried making a few characters out of curiosity. Deadlands still refuses to work. I tried other systems at random for fun, SWADE, custom, 13th Age, and Fate all work fine. So the problem seems to be limited (most likely) to Deadlands...
Oct 13, 2021 4:28 pm
Adam says:
I see what you did there! 😂
Oct 13, 2021 4:31 pm
kalajel says:
Tried making a few characters out of curiosity. Deadlands still refuses to work. I tried other systems at random for fun, SWADE, custom, 13th Age, and Fate all work fine. So the problem seems to be limited (most likely) to Deadlands...
Cheers. Deadlands has a bug. I'm checking in a fix now, but you'll need to wait for it to be released. Until then, you'll need to use Custom character sheets.
Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm
includes/characters/deadlands/deadlandsCharacter.class.php line 16. Replace ); with ];

Commit
Oct 13, 2021 4:56 pm
Hm, maybe it's a problem on my end then 🤔
Oct 13, 2021 5:01 pm
Just an FYI, of the Deadlands character sheet is for classic (the 1996 version of the game), it's entirely incompatible with current Deadlands Savage Worlds system.
Oct 13, 2021 5:25 pm
Qralloq says:
Just an FYI, of the Deadlands character sheet is for classic (the 1996 version of the game), it's entirely incompatible with current Deadlands Savage Worlds system.
Oh, so Knighthwake made a mistake setting up his game. We should pick SWADE CS and he should correct his game page for the correct CS.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if we submit a CS of the wrong format to a game? I assume it simply does not work...
Oct 13, 2021 5:30 pm
It doesn't show up under the options for sheets to add to the game
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.