OOC and Setup

load previous
Nov 13, 2022 5:17 pm
She'll definitely look very different.

Next time they run into Chet, she should get a bonus to hide because he wouldn't recognize her
Nov 13, 2022 5:30 pm
putting my feelers out for a third player
Nov 13, 2022 8:56 pm
That's a dramatic change for sure! She'd probably be able to blend into a crowd better...
Nov 14, 2022 12:25 pm
https://i.imgur.com/Vsbt2iq.png

😱
Logan has a middle name? The revelation!
Nov 15, 2022 10:07 am
I reached out to the mighty @Dunko to join us in the game, and we are currently discussing how to make his character's entrance via private message!
It might take a little while to find the right hook, but we're working on it.

Welcome aboard Dunko!
Nov 15, 2022 10:24 am
Al's aunt shows up.again but this time, she makes Al's parents adopt a human instead of a puppy
Nov 15, 2022 1:40 pm
What archetype is he looking at playing? Whoever he ends up playing, I hope he knows what he's in for :D
Nov 16, 2022 12:33 am
still discussing the archetype, but cool concepts were mentioned!
Nov 16, 2022 9:08 am
Quote:
Johnny's messy haircut turns more than a few heads, for the wrong reasons...
And I bet Al draws a lot fewer glances now than she did before 😄 Unless she runs into someone she knows.
Would she have been allowed to take Ripper with her?
Nov 16, 2022 9:18 am
She can have Ripper, but at the mall they wouldn't let the dog in, so she'd have to find where to leave her - your call
Nov 16, 2022 9:24 am
Good point. In that case, I guess Al left Ripper at home.
Nov 18, 2022 3:47 pm
Reservation Dogs is really good @witchdocor , I watched a few eps - the kid actors are impressive, very natural
Nov 18, 2022 6:01 pm
It's a good window into the culture. The kids are Mvskoke (Muscogee Creek Tribe) but the themes and situations are pretty recognizable and relatable across most tribes. I'll admit that after having watched it with non-Natives some of the humor gets lost or needs clarification or explanation. One of the funny ones was explaining why they blurred/pixelated the eyes of the owls anytime they showed up in an episode. I thought about having Johnny turn the taxidermied owl in Eddard's shop to face the wall when he was in there but I forgot to include that detail before things went sideways with Chet & company.
I just thought Reservation Dogs would be a good touchstone for you and Bowl since you're both in the other side of Atlantic. Plus, it's a really great and well-written show.
Nov 18, 2022 6:04 pm
I definitely got curious and am planning to give it a shot. I'm just really bad with watching TV shows
Nov 18, 2022 6:30 pm
Really good reference, yes. Love learning snippets like that.
I noticed the spitting on the floor, and the interesting gestures around flames, like washing oneself with smoke. Oh, and the use of 'shapeshifter' almost like an insult?
Nov 18, 2022 7:31 pm
It's not the flame, it's the smoke. 'Smudging' is usually the ritual process of slowly burning sage and letting the smoke drive away evil spirits or forces. They sort of try to 'bathe' in the smoke.

Shape shifters are, in most ways, entities not to be trusted so they get a bad rap. I mean, what can you trust about them if you can't even trust what form they can take.

The spitting must be a Mvskoke thing. I don't know much about it beyond it being hilarious when Willie Jack and Uncle Brownie got into a floor-spitting contest of wills.
Nov 20, 2022 1:14 am
Celebration time!
Exactly one year ago today, the Monster Hunters Club made its first tentative steps!
I had no idea at the time that this Weekenders! game would turn into a long campaign with dozens of characters and 19 chapters so far!

This is what the first post looked like:

https://i.imgur.com/v48Mfc2.png
https://i.imgur.com/sdF3uxl.png

A few stats:

-6 players to date
-19 chapters
-875 OOC posts
-5065 IC posts
-Longest thread was Chapter 18 "Treasure and Burden", with 451 posts
-Shortest thread was Chapter 11 "After the Ordeal", with 52 posts

Thanks to everyone who lived this adventure with me, we created some fantastic gaming moments together.
Nov 20, 2022 1:31 am
Congrats, Dr_B, for running a fun and captivating campaign!
Nov 20, 2022 6:53 am
Congrats and thank you for running this, B! It's such a fun and consistent game
Nov 20, 2022 9:37 am
Thank you for sticking with it, and for the prompt and enjoyable posts 🙏

Each player along the way injected new life, energy and ideas into the story. I can see @Dunko is already doing that!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.