Gamers' Plane hits 8!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 3, 2021 11:27 pm
So turns out, I keep forgetting Gamers' Plane's anniversary. I had the same issue with my last relationship. Well, two days ago, Gamers' Plane hit 8 years live! As ever, I'd like to thank all of you for being a part of the site, and for being the reason it exists. This year has gone from very little development to a ton thanks to Adam. The mod team has taken over so many of the reins. I've gotten to work on v2. VagueGM helped me finally figure out most of the site's email issues. And I'm positive there's more. We've come so far!

So, let's go to the numbers:
- 1,742 new players signed up
- We made 191,608 posts across 3,961 threads
- You started 427 games
- You created 3374 characters

Let me know if there are others stats you want. I know some will look at last year's numbers and think this year didn't go as well, but honestly, I think it did.

With things getting more organized, and more folks helping improve the site, I look forward to the next year being better.
Dec 3, 2021 11:46 pm
I was going to ask how Gamers Plane was doing on working towards its mission statement, but then I realized I didn't know what its mission statement is.
Dec 3, 2021 11:51 pm
Woot! Congrats, and thanks for this fantastic platform. It enables us to create memorable gaming moments, and it attracts a varied and fun community. Also, it helped us stay in touch and share games with friends during the various lockdowns: that is HUGE.
Gamers' Plane has become my PbP platform of choice. Thanks Keleth, mods and developers for running it!
https://i.imgur.com/yzTf5m0.png
Dec 4, 2021 3:17 am
I wanted to thank you for all the recent developments in the site.

I keep finding new added details that make the experience better and easier and I've been enjoying discovering them. Great job! :)
Dec 4, 2021 4:56 am
crazybirdman says:
I was going to ask how Gamers Plane was doing on working towards its mission statement, but then I realized I didn't know what its mission statement is.
It’s in the name! To be a plane for gamers. And in that it succeeds :)

I am happy this site is still growing and developing, I can’t tell everyone how much this community means to me. Thank you to Keleth the owner and all the mods and developers who make it run as well as it does!! Happy birthday GP!🎉
Last edited December 4, 2021 4:57 am
Dec 4, 2021 5:38 am
Such a long time. So many people pass through, staying for a short time or long. So very many posts, and die rolls. Across the world players and GMs sitting back, pleased with their contributions, startled at the replies. Global connections intersecting this small red and white corner of the Internet.

Spawned from one man's idea and the belief that, "I can." And he was right.
Dec 4, 2021 6:55 am
Happy birthday, Gamers' Plane!

Heartfelt thanks to you, Keleth. I'll never tire of saying it: The community you built, and the way you continue to inspire, is very special, and nothing short of life-saving for me and for countless others.

Here's to many more years. Let's continue to build up, not tear down.
Dec 4, 2021 12:58 pm
I've always wondered if "gamersplane" is a verb or noun. Maybe it's what a rules lawyer does at the table: "Actually, on p. 324 of the rulebook, it says that small axes get a reduced accuracy of 3 when thrown under windy conditions."

Joking. Happy birthday!
Dec 4, 2021 1:25 pm
Happy birthday GamersPlane! Big thanks to Keleth and the mod team, especially for the latest update (posting as NPC is sooooo awesome) and a huge thanks to everyone in the community for making this such a great place to hang around and game on.
Dec 4, 2021 1:28 pm
https://i.imgur.com/vgeKo0v.png

That's many happy Gamers' Plane returns.
Dec 4, 2021 3:37 pm
Happy Birthday to Gamer's Plane! It's been a blast, and I'm hoping for many more years of fun and games. I have met so many great people here and hope to continue to do so.
Dec 4, 2021 11:04 pm
Grats, happy birthday to the site! That's quite an impressive age, too. :D
Dec 5, 2021 5:14 am
I'm still happy to be a part of this and to see the site keep trucking along. Much thanks to all the people who have had to do a lot of heavy lifting behind the scenes to make it all function smoothly. Looking forward to what the future holds.
Dec 5, 2021 5:34 am
[ +- ] Post Hidden to Protect the Innocent
TURRIBLE.
Dec 5, 2021 6:48 am
Happy birthday, web place I enjoy!
Dec 6, 2021 3:21 pm
Happy Birthday, Gamersplane!!
Dec 6, 2021 3:59 pm
Happy Birthday GP!
Dec 6, 2021 4:03 pm
Happy birthday GP. Thank you Keleth for your endeavors and everyone involved (mod team, dev team, GMs and players).
This is a great community and GP the place to game on.
Dec 6, 2021 7:03 pm
Happy Birthday, GP!

Thank you Keleth and all who make this place my PbP home :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.