[Closed] 5e weekender, Van Richten's Ravenloft

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic4 / weekAdam
The dread domain of Darkon has failed. Across the land, ageless monuments and magical wonders crumble before the Shroud - the Mists turned hungry.

An adventure in one of the classic domains of dread and based on the sourcebook: Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft.

Jan 2, 2022 8:31 pm
This is a weekend posting game for people in European timezones

We'll try to get in about four posts each over the weekend but little during the week - although, let's not be too fussy about it, eh?

It's based on the dread domain of Darkon from Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft. It's as much dark fantasy as horror.

The races are going to be the traditional fantasy races (human, dwarf, halfling, elf), and I'd prefer to see the less flashy classes and archetypes. VRGtR has some alternative heritages if you're feeling edgy.

I'm looking for only one or two players. This is not first-come, first-served. PM me or ping me on discord if you're interested. Please don't send me character concepts.
Last edited January 5, 2022 6:33 pm
Jan 2, 2022 10:27 pm
Dang, that sounds rad! Out of curiosity, are you planning on running an adapted module or are you pushing full homebrewed adventure?
Jan 2, 2022 10:48 pm
I'm sure you'll get tons of interest but if you don't, I'd be interested. I do still kind of want to play with you at some point and if you're running something dark (or rather, more serious), that might even get your tone more in line with mine 😉
Jan 3, 2022 4:51 am
skeptical_stun says:
Dang, that sounds rad! Out of curiosity, are you planning on running an adapted module or are you pushing full homebrewed adventure?
Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft has outlines of adventures, quests, locations, NPCs and faction for different dread domains. I wouldn't say they're modules and some home-brewing is required to fill it out. Let's just say they've given me the module's skeleton. I'm fine with that. Even detailed modules need bits adding and changing.

This adventure in the book continues Azalin Rex's dark fate, but this isn't Requiem ported to 5e. No knowledge of Ravenloft lore is required. Besides, unreliable history is one of the themes of Darkon - that's a free pass to ignore and rework what came before.

Ravenloft is somewhat of a departure for me. Dark east-european flavoured Witcheresque fantasy is quite different to the Pratchetty Forgotten Realms I usually play.
Jan 3, 2022 6:36 am
Does sound awesome. Good luck with this, Adam -- dark fantasy for the win!
Jan 4, 2022 12:12 am
Aw, I’m always looking for Ravenloft play-by-post outside of Barovia! Unfortunately I’m in the US and currently inexperienced with GP, nor am I confident enough in my RP to try for one of two spots here. If you ever run something with a bigger party size I’ll be the first to sign up though! :P
Jan 5, 2022 1:26 pm
I've decided against running this.
akorn says:
If you ever run something with a bigger party size I’ll be the first to sign up though! :P
Cheers. I'll bear you in mind.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.