[CLOSED] DnD 5e Tyranny of Dragons

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 5, 2022 12:43 am
Hey guys, I decided to run this epic adventure.
This is a famous clasic adventure with Tiamat and whoever wants to join sent a post here. I will be using roll20 and this forum here. Any questions are welcome.
Write a post of what would you like to play as a character race, class, a small introduction and a photo.

I allow to choose races, classes etc only from Player's handbook and Xanathar's guide to everything.

Thank you!

I will be using these books : Tyranny of dragons, Player's handbook, Monster manual, Dungeon master's guide and Xanatha's guide to everything

It will be divided as the book in two parts :

Hoard of the Dragon Queen
And then
The rise of Tiamat
Last edited January 9, 2022 6:56 pm
Jan 5, 2022 3:29 am
It isn't easy, studying at the knee of a Dwarven legend. An older brother studying to inherit the crown. A younger brother preaching Moradin's glory throughout the world. Where does that leave a middle son? In the case of Brommyr Silverstone, that left him squire to a famed knight. In his own time he received the Rose of Blooded Steel himself, taking up the challenge of a Knight Errant wandering the land from his home in the North, lending his sword and shield to whatever cause seemed needed and could pay well.

The crunchy:
Mountain Dwarf Fighter with a Knight background. Eventually he will go Eldritch Knight.
[ +- ] Photo!

Len

Jan 5, 2022 5:07 am
MillyK, I ran this adventure back in 2015 and have a couple of resources which were invaluable!

Len sent a note to millyk
Best of luck in running this game 🙂
Jan 5, 2022 6:36 am
What do you mean when you say you will be using roll20?
What is the starting level of this game?
Jan 5, 2022 9:37 am
MillyK, I would like to know some details on :
1. Post frequency
2. The Pitch (as suggested in How to Write a Recruitment Thread): Post a brief and evocative game hook. Share with us game’s tone, genre, playstyle, etc.
3. Anything I may want to know about deities, or - would you as DM be willing to spend time with me to decide best deity to fit settings (I am considering either Druid or Paladin worshiping rater evil god that would be willing to risk his worshiper life in a scenario like one we will be playing)
Jan 5, 2022 10:12 am
runekyndig says:
What is the starting level of this game?
Been googling a bit

Hoard of the Dragon Queen is level 1-8
The rise of Tiamat Levels 8-15
GreyWord says:
3. Anything I may want to know about deities, or - would you as DM be willing to spend time with me to decide best deity to fit settings (I am considering either Druid or Paladin worshiping rater evil god that would be willing to risk his worshiper life in a scenario like one we will be playing)
@GreyWord the setting is forgotten realms

I would be interested in The rise of Tiamat Levels 8-15, but I have had my fill of low level characters/adventures
Jan 5, 2022 11:08 am
I'm interested. I have a few ideas for chars I want to play.

Given what the two posters have already said, I will play something very "caster-y": Wizard, Sorceror, Warlock
Last edited January 5, 2022 11:38 am
Jan 5, 2022 11:21 am
Yes I know it's forgotten realms. I just guess choosing Tiamat as deity may not work well in the scenario
I've found "Introduction video you can show your players before they begin scenario"

Here are details of my concern I believe that PCs must be aware of Cult of Dragon, so it is not a big spoiler that I've found cult enemies are: churches of Mystra, Lathander, Torm, and Tyr. Neither of those gods appeal to me.
Jan 5, 2022 11:32 am
Thank you @Len!

@Greyword I will be following the book, so no worries about being a sandbox or homebrew or open world to do random things. Also, I will be a little strict on players not having a loooot of freedom to do random staff, that do not have a purpose for the story, to be honest it will be controled to keep it focus to follow the story. I know it's not possible 100%, but like I would not adding random places or adventures. Posts it will be minimum 7 to 10 at least per week (minimum 1 per day or 7 per week in total). Inactive players that they are not available for any serious reason, max like two weeks, maybe will be kicked. I will be using roll20 instead taking screenshots and making a post here for example a battle it will be in roll20 the map there...think of roll20 as a interaction visual board in a pause with infos and photos and maps and using the forum for roleplaying.

Ok 3/4 spots are filled!! @Dramasailor @Ganesh @Greyword
Last edited January 5, 2022 2:29 pm
Jan 5, 2022 11:38 am
Yeah, of course, I would prefer to play it on the good side, so I do not allow to be evil enlightenment and be helping the enemy .... in this case tiamat .... the point is at final battle to kill her! Not join her .... but ok it can be possible to decide to join the dark side.... its always tempting :-P so @ greyword you want the opposite ? to be evil to turn to the good side ? I sent you a message too
Last edited January 5, 2022 12:29 pm
Jan 5, 2022 11:59 am
@dramasailor so as a knight background you will be noble and you will have squires or servants to only roleplaying? Or will you be alone ?
Last edited January 5, 2022 12:21 pm
Jan 5, 2022 12:48 pm
The feature of the knight is:
[ +- ] Retainers
Since they definitely don't follow into dangerous conditions, my thought was having them accessible in a nearby town or city as needed to do mundane things (like pick up a case of rations and sell off these bear pelts) when I'm there. Can send word by messenger if i want them to travel and meet elsewhere. But by and large they wont be a huge influence during any of the really active parts of the adventuring, more downtime flavour and utility.
Jan 5, 2022 12:56 pm
Yeah sure, I dont mind..... in one of my campaigns as dm a rogue rescued a kid that couldn't talk and had it as servant and teached him to fight and write and he was doing errands like going to the stores with notes etc
Last edited January 5, 2022 2:10 pm
Jan 5, 2022 2:10 pm
OK. though video says "Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together to fight the cult" and Zhentarim are know to worship evil god, I will not have my PC worship evil god, just to avoid any confusions.
[ +- ] I will play a human druid of Silvanus (neutral deity of wild life) - if you could hook him into the story
Jan 5, 2022 3:38 pm
Last SPOT! Come on GUYS! its a two years contract here to play! lol if you survive the first battle....
Last edited January 5, 2022 3:42 pm
Jan 6, 2022 7:53 am
Can I play as a drow rogue thats an agent of the Zhentarim?
Jan 6, 2022 1:44 pm
Drows usually are evil ....
Jan 7, 2022 12:41 am
In that case I want to play as a protector aasimar paladin.
Jan 7, 2022 12:53 am
Cool photo and introduction please...ah wait aasimar is not on the books I said... you can he human variant or other race that it is in phb
Last edited January 7, 2022 1:01 am
Jan 7, 2022 1:01 am
I assume you meant Volo's instead of XGtE since XGtE doesn't describe new races. Also there's an aasimar in the DMG.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.