My game tread seems broken

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 22, 2022 8:40 pm
The text field doesn't work
and the quick links are in the wrong place

https://i.imgur.com/TRq30wV.png
Jan 22, 2022 8:48 pm
This can happen if the spoiler and the ooc tags aren't nested properly. Have a close review of the BBCode and see if that is it.
Jan 22, 2022 9:36 pm
Qralloq says:
This can happen if the spoiler and the ooc tags aren't nested properly. Have a close review of the BBCode and see if that is it.
Other tags can mess with this too Including but likely not limited too.
Spoiler
Snippet
Bold Italics Underline & Strikethrouh
2column
Jan 22, 2022 9:43 pm
Easiest way to test would be to remove all tags, then add them back one at a time till it breaks again.
Jan 22, 2022 10:37 pm
thank you it was the occ and spoiler tags that was nested wrong
Jan 22, 2022 11:51 pm
Yah, regex... if anyone fancies themselves an expert, your help is requested!
Jan 23, 2022 12:11 am
No one is an 'expert' at regex, but tell me what you need and I could maybe take a look.
Jan 23, 2022 12:44 am
@vagueGM In fairness, it's not EXACTLY a regex problem, but kinda a processing one. Last time I tried fixing some of the nesting bugs, things exploded.
Jan 23, 2022 1:07 am
Makes sense. Well constructed regexen already look like the keyboard just exploded.
Jan 23, 2022 5:14 am
Zawinski says:
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
Jan 23, 2022 7:00 pm
So... is that an isolated incident or can it happen to our game threads as well?
Jan 23, 2022 7:39 pm
For the moment, try not to mix up the nesting of ooc and spoilers. I can see an easy fix for this which I'll look at getting coded up.
Jan 23, 2022 9:02 pm
kalajel says:
So... is that an isolated incident or can it happen to our game threads as well?
Happened just a couple of days ago in one of my games as well.
Jan 24, 2022 7:31 am
Adam says:
For the moment, try not to mix up the nesting of ooc and spoilers. I can see an easy fix for this which I'll look at getting coded up.
When the enduser is allowed coding, they will introduce bugs. If you can see an easy fix that prevent the lockdown of a tread, go ahead please. But if you are thinking that you should correct the endusers code, please don't. That is a rabbit hole of userfuckups that you will never be able to handle.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.