Stand With Ukraine Humble Indie Bundle

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 18, 2022 11:08 pm
Hey ya'll,

So HIB joined the whole charity for Ukraine thing (not that I'm complaining), with this big bundle.

So yeah, I guess you know the drill by now...
Mar 18, 2022 11:43 pm
Hot dang there's a ton of great stuff in there! I've got a good portion of it, but I don't have Slay the Spire, Back 4 Blood, Sunset Overdrive, or any of the RPG books. I don't NEED it in the strictest sense, but it IS for a good cause....
Mar 21, 2022 9:20 pm
so... about this one.

I don't care about who caused the war, but it was surely not any of innocent Ukrainians..
Like bowl before me, I'm going to offer 2 bundles (3 if there is a lot of participation) by shamelessly steal her idea and hijack this thread (I know, I'm the worst 😅). Just keep "paying it forward".

- If you want to get one of the bundles, reply to this thread. Let me know which charity of those mentioned in the bundle you'd like me to donate to (I will adjust the donations accordingly) and why if you have the time.
- If you want, tell me about one of the items in the bundle that you like the most (I have not seen any of them, so just curious)
- There's no minimum account age required. Whether you've been on the site since December 1, 2013 or since today, you can participate.
- Offer ends in 3 days : 20 hours : 43 minutes so I'll roll some dice in 3 days. POST BEFORE the 24th of march morning-ish to be on the safe side due to time zone differences (sorry there is not much time left)

If you already have one, apply and just name someone else you want to gift it to. Whatever it takes to keep bumping this thread :D

And that's it. Looking forward to your posts.
Last edited March 21, 2022 10:29 pm
Mar 21, 2022 10:26 pm
Well, I purchased a lot of bundles, most of them going to Ukraine, so saving a bit of money would be nice... My charity is the Prostate Cancer Foundation (though isn't the money going to foundations helping Ukraine?). As for what item(s) excite me, This War of Mine, Slay the Spire, The Long Dark, Starbound, Tooth And Tail, and the STL files for the 3D stuff...
Mar 21, 2022 10:29 pm
kalajel says:
My charity is the Prostate Cancer Foundation (though isn't the money going to foundations helping Ukraine?).
yeah, sorry. I forgot to mention I meant one of the 4 in the bundle. Unfortunately I can't name one myself. updated.
Mar 21, 2022 10:44 pm
Oh, Yeah that would make a lot more sense... Razom for Ukraine it is then...
Mar 21, 2022 11:50 pm
I feel legitimately bad about applying for another one of these when the last thread ended so awesomely... But I am very much suffering from the perpetual near-poverty of being a generic-issue wageslave, so I will take any chance I can get to have nice things I wouldn't otherwise have access to ♥

I would choose the International Rescue Committee, because let's be honest, this won't be the last humanitarian disaster that we see in our lifetimes and the more they have the further it will go. Effectively, it will help the Ukraine now, and potentially whoever comes next in the future.

I think the thing I am most excited about in the bundle is Sunset Overdrive, the sort of 'pop-punk/postmodern irreverence' aesthetic appeals to me immensely, I like things that are over the top and actively embrace their nature like that because it appeals to me a lot more than when things get toned down and shy away from the elements that make them what they are to appeal to a wider audience.

Also, there's a Toejam & Earl game in there and I didn't even know that happened, I didn't even know that could happen. That's wild.

Edit: I forgot one of these '
Last edited March 21, 2022 11:50 pm
Mar 22, 2022 7:36 am
Kyre says:
I feel legitimately bad about applying for another one of these
ahah don't feel :D I was going to donate anyway, so think of this as a win-win.
Mar 23, 2022 9:06 am
There's still 2 days : 8 hours : 56 minutes to go !!! (minus the few minutes it took me to write this :D)

Anyone else?
Mar 24, 2022 1:02 am
I just got an e-mail informing that there were new additions to this bundle, just an fyi...
Mar 24, 2022 9:14 am
oh cool :D Extra stuff guys :D

last opportunity to post. Remember that if you already have it, you could can still give it to someone else: *Offer ends in 1 days : 9 hours : 12 minutes*
Last edited March 24, 2022 9:15 am
Mar 24, 2022 10:54 am
I'll throw my hat in, for the sake of bumping this up.
The rescue committee will be my go to as well.
I got my eye on the rpg books in the bundle.
Thanks for your generosity @cesn .
Mar 24, 2022 2:38 pm
Guess I'll also jump in before the time runs out.

I don't know any of the involved charities really well, so I'd be fine with just the default even split between them.
As for what I'm most interested in in the bundle. I know someone who plays Back 4 Blood, so I've had my eye on that for the multiplayer. And I've been thinking about buying This War of Mine ever since I first heard about it so getting that through the bundle would be pretty great as well
Mar 24, 2022 11:11 pm
So, there's 18 hours : 50 minutes left. I will wake up in about 8h and will roll some dice to check who gets the bundles. Last few hours for anyone else who want to join (send me a PM with your email as well, to avoid any potential problems with time zones) :D
Mar 25, 2022 8:36 am
CESN sent a note to kalajel,Kyre,Antiproduct,bowlofspinach
Ok, that's it done :D thanks for all who participated :D

I have distributed the donations as (roughly):
* 40% to International Rescue Committee (IRC)
* 30% to Razom for Ukraine
* And 15% International Medical Corps and Direct Relief
Last edited March 25, 2022 9:16 am
Mar 25, 2022 10:09 am
So that's where I use up all my luck! I'd love more natural 20's but I think this is a longer lasting impact. ♥

Thanks for letting me participate in your raffle! I don't think there's even anything in the bundle I already own, but I'll have to double check.

The PF2 and Starfinder books are a pleasant, welcome surprise, being able to check game rules without internet access is often my Achilles' heel.
Last edited March 25, 2022 10:33 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.