GP Happy Place

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Len

Mar 31, 2022 3:32 pm
This is my GP happy place!

https://i.imgur.com/AqFL7yn.jpg

This is the office at the back of my classroom. While eating breakfast I'll often read through unread GP posts and then mull them over on my commute to work. When I get there, I brew a pot of coffee and plunk myself down in my office. The light is warm, and with almost no students in the school it is peaceful and quiet. Then I type up a few posts before the day begins.

This is my GP happy place where I enjoy posting the most! Do you have a space you like posting from?
Mar 31, 2022 4:09 pm
I envy you, @Len! It's been many years since I had a spot to go to for solitude. I GP wherever and whenever I can.

You've showed me photos of your classroom before but this is the first time I'm seeing your office! I want to know more about that framed drawing!
Mar 31, 2022 4:20 pm
That is a great set up. Nice and clean. Great for focusing on the game.
Mar 31, 2022 4:52 pm
Great setup, Len! I hope you aren't driving on your commute. 😁

Len

Apr 1, 2022 4:21 am
I guess why I posted this is that I find it fascinating that Gamers Plane is an entirely virtual place where we come to play in imaginary worlds, but it has a physical side too, anchored firmly in the real world. We are all separate from one another, and yet we're not. The games we play and the interactions we have here create tangible effects in people's lives.

Does anyone else have a space they love to post from? No picture required - a word picture is more than enough!
Apr 1, 2022 5:40 pm
mine is messy, but happy!

https://i.imgur.com/V7xFMKq.jpg

Nothing like a vertical monitor for reading rule PDFs / seeing a long post
Apr 1, 2022 5:51 pm
Sweet setup!

Len

Apr 1, 2022 10:26 pm
Looove the vertical monitor for PbP, Dr_B!
Apr 1, 2022 11:18 pm
I mostly post from my phone, out of necessity given my lifestyle, but when I have time, I love to sit here and craft better posts. A soft keyboard, back lit by natural light, my favorite chair, and Gamers Plane: what could be better?

https://i.imgur.com/MhzZNHR.jpg
Apr 1, 2022 11:34 pm
And this is where a vicious Tasmanian devil like halfling (Zol) comes from.
Apr 2, 2022 2:01 am
Looks pretty comfy Qralloq!
Apr 2, 2022 2:05 am
@Qralloq your beer stein is missing from that photo. 🍺

Is that a trampoline?
Apr 2, 2022 3:32 am
It is indeed a trampoline in the backyard, @jabes.plays.RPG. There was a brief time where my daughter used it, even!
Apr 5, 2022 2:01 pm
Not so much a location but.. it's my favorite weather, it's getting late so there's no one to bother me, and I've got GP and a cup of coffee. It's a little bit of happiness. 🙂
https://i.imgur.com/C11ZmQr.jpg

Len

Apr 5, 2022 3:11 pm
Qralloq says:
A soft keyboard, back lit by natural light, my favorite chair, and Gamers Plane: what could be better?
I picture this chair as your throne where people come to ask you "Qralloq, what is best in life?" It looks like a beautiful place to enjoy the lamentations of your players 🤣

Len

Apr 5, 2022 3:18 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Not so much a location but.. it's my favorite weather, it's getting late so there's no one to bother me, and I've got GP and a cup of coffee. It's a little bit of happiness. 🙂
https://i.imgur.com/C11ZmQr.jpg
Right on. Yeah, I know that feeling - when your space is peaceful and quiet enough to be able to hear the pitter patter of rain, and you get that caffeine buzz so the world no longer seems insurmountable. Love it.
Apr 7, 2022 4:44 am
Rainy weather is the best. I'm glad the worst of the winter is over (and yes I'm ignoring the snow storm we had last weekend.)

You guys have such comfy set-ups. I'm not posting mine. My laptop has been held together by duct tape the past couple years... she's still going strong though. Lmao
Apr 7, 2022 11:31 am
For me it's the same crowded end of the living room behind the couch where I've been working from home since pandemic restrictions banished us from the office. I have a narrow strip of space with an even narrower desk that's not even remotely ergonomic. Dual 22" monitors are more or less in my face, but that's helped me put off getting glasses even longer. I have birdsongs and squirrel antics out the window behind me, a 65" tv wall mounted in my line of sight, and many windows onto the world beyond my monitors. It's probably too small but I prefer to think of it as cozy. It gets crowded when everyone else is in the living room in the evening, but I gave my wife the privacy of the office upstairs (her job requires a LOT more focus than mine.)

When we moved here literally 3 days before lockdown, we had no idea we'd all be sharing the space 24/7, so... this was not supposed to be the way. But it is, and it more or less works.

Len

Apr 13, 2022 4:23 am
thetaodaddy says:
For me it's the same crowded end of the living room behind the couch where I've been working from home since pandemic restrictions banished us from the office. I have a narrow strip of space with an even narrower desk that's not even remotely ergonomic. Dual 22" monitors are more or less in my face, but that's helped me put off getting glasses even longer. I have birdsongs and squirrel antics out the window behind me, a 65" tv wall mounted in my line of sight, and many windows onto the world beyond my monitors. It's probably too small but I prefer to think of it as cozy. It gets crowded when everyone else is in the living room in the evening, but I gave my wife the privacy of the office upstairs (her job requires a LOT more focus than mine.)

When we moved here literally 3 days before lockdown, we had no idea we'd all be sharing the space 24/7, so... this was not supposed to be the way. But it is, and it more or less works.
thetaodaddy, sounds like you've made great use of the available space!
Apr 13, 2022 2:50 pm
This is my space for work and for fun. On the left there is my work laptop and monitor. In the corner is a small TV hooked up to my Nintendo Switch. And then to the right of that is my personal laptop and monitor.

https://i.imgur.com/N7Bwk0u.jpg

You do not have permission to post in this thread.