Second mini

May 9, 2022 9:39 pm
I don't think this came out that well; I don't really think I'm doing drybrush correctly. Plus, I donno how to pick the correct wash/drybrush colors for when I'm off the guide. But... here you go...

https://i.imgur.com/XJqYTvp.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/mAKdsYw.jpeg
May 10, 2022 2:16 am
To misquote a wise man, 'Every mini you paint is good'

Len

May 10, 2022 4:13 am
Looks great to me, Keleth! I hope you enjoyed it.
May 10, 2022 11:14 am
First of all: Good paint job

A place to improve: Use of wash's, but also pre-paint-prep of the figure. It seems to me that there is a bit of moulding flash (extra plastic) under the arm and on the sword tip. Removing them at the start with a sharp blade and a file is something to take into account with your next figure.
May 10, 2022 7:32 pm
runekyndig says:
A place to improve: Use of wash's
I used a black wash after a base coat, but maybe I did it wrong? Or is it the color selection? Should there be multiple wash stages? I'm not sure how to pick colors.
runekyndig says:
but also pre-paint-prep of the figure. It seems to me that there is a bit of moulding flash (extra plastic) under the arm and on the sword tip. Removing them at the start with a sharp blade and a file is something to take into account with your next figure.
Yah, I don't have a small, precise blade I could do that with. It frustrated me, but I just went with it...
May 10, 2022 8:03 pm
Looks pretty awesome to me Keleth. Look at that chainmail!
May 10, 2022 8:35 pm
Keleth says:
Should there be multiple wash stages? I'm not sure how to pick colors.
When I paint minies the process is as follows:
If needed: Construct the figure, glue the pieces and fill in any gaps with greenstuff
Clean up the figure, trim and file rough edges
Basecoat the figure. Usually, I use black as it gives a darker figure and hides my mistakes
Paint the deepest areas first, then work your way out. Eyes, skin, armor, weapons. Any mistakes you make can be corrected with the next layer
Once I'm happy with the base colour, I'll give it a wash, letting the ink settle in the cracks and making the contrasts pop out.
Then I might drybrush base colours again in some areas, that got too dark with the wash
And finally, highlights, drybrush light colours
Aug 5, 2022 11:43 am
Looks excellent to me Keleth!

I've been so intimidated to paint my Marvel Crisis Protocol minis that they've just sat there for a year.
Aug 5, 2022 2:56 pm
That looks great @Keleth, especially the chainlink armor.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.