Who's excited for Spelljammer?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 12, 2022 5:40 pm
Who's looking forward to playing it?

Who's planning on DMing it?

The adventure sounds quite short, but maybe that's not a bad thing for PBP.

I think it's an interesting setting. It can be played as light comedy, or swashbuckling action, through to cosmic horror.

Len

May 12, 2022 6:39 pm
I'm definitely excited for it, but I don't have plans to run it, at least in the foreseeable future. I agree that it has a lot going for it for PbP, and maybe a good time to let people go all out with their wildest character ideas.
May 12, 2022 7:26 pm
I'm SO ready!

One of my current campaigns is going planehopping in a spelljammer in a few months so I'm looking forward to using the official 5e rules for that.

Seeing that there's an Illithid character in WotC's 'Heroes of the Multiverse' streamed game makes me smile broadly. I'm loving the plasmoid, definite DS9 changeling vibes, plus Thri-Kreen and two other Athas-associated races can only mean Dark Sun Confirmed. :P
May 12, 2022 7:36 pm
I'm so excited. I ran something last year because I think it is an awesome setting.

I am also excited for the Radiant Citadel stories, and as it is in the astral space, it's an obvious starting point for a spelljammer adventure.
May 12, 2022 11:14 pm
I wasn't thinking I would be excited about it, but the idea of running a game with the feel of the Guardians of the Galaxy interests me.
May 12, 2022 11:48 pm
Paximilian says:
I wasn't thinking I would be excited about it, but the idea of running a game with the feel of the Guardians of the Galaxy interests me.
I feel like you'd get more of the cinematic feel of Guardians running a game of Bulldogs.*

*Disclaimer: Maybe don't listen to the guy who has had his urge to play 5e burned out of him.

Len

May 13, 2022 3:34 am
runekyndig says:
I am also excited for the Radiant Citadel stories, and as it is in the astral space, it's an obvious starting point for a spelljammer adventure.
I think this is the 5e book I'm looking forward to the most!
May 13, 2022 1:23 pm
I didn't like the original Spelljammer, and I don't have a good reason why. It just didn't grab me. But I did like Starfinder, although I only played it once. Maybe because Starfinder leans more heavily on science fiction, less on fantasy? Maybe because I really got into the ship building and the players roles during combat?

I dunno.

Anyway, I do intend to be 100% open minded (if that's even possible) with the new Spelljammer, and if I'm lucky I'll have a whole new world I can't seem to find enough time to explore.....
May 13, 2022 2:13 pm
I have zero experience with the original Spelljammer so I've no prejudices. Always excited to try something new (without having to grok an unfamiliar system).
runekyndig says:
https://media.tenor.com/images/490b00ab6d26e4c1d998cf0f25830efb/tenor.gif
May 13, 2022 2:23 pm
I remember when SpellJammer came out, and I recall having a similar reaction as @Skallagrim. It'll be interesting to see what WotC does with the new version.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.