Interest Check on Pulp Low-fantasy?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 13, 2022 2:16 pm
Hi, I want to run a human-only low-magic world, using 5e/4e Hardcore, that would be a Mega-dungeon based on "Made in the Abyss" (not the art style or story, just that huge hole).

Is that something anyone would like to play?
May 14, 2022 12:15 am
Mega dungeon, mucho work. If its 5e I might be interested. Low magic is that Conan-style?
May 14, 2022 7:36 pm
yeah, I'm flexible if noone else is interested, but I would really like to run a low-magic world at some point.

But yes, 5e with some 4e sprinkled about
Last edited May 14, 2022 7:38 pm
May 14, 2022 8:42 pm
What starting level? If it's 3+, I might be in. I love the idea of megadungeons, but I've had my fill of 1st & 2nd level, especially in PbP.
May 14, 2022 9:06 pm
I love low magic, love the Conan sword and sorcery style, love mega dungeons! I'd much rather play it as DCC or OSR but 5e is not so bad, the Warlock class is a good low magic arcane option and clerics are unnecessary due to the hit dice healing rule.
May 15, 2022 6:00 pm
Alright, I'll start negotiation with my preference outright:

Setting: The gods may or may-not be real but magic does exists, although casters are exceedingly rare and by a multitude of factions that would use them, imprison them, or kill them for their powers. Likewise Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves and anything other playerable race other than humans are "gone from this world". Magic items are coveted and Guild's of adventurer's and more seek them out desperately, as well as anyone who might be able to create such things.

Location: In a remote town in the wilderness built around a crumbling fortress, there has been a call for aid from brave explorers and adventurer's. The fortress is a relic of a begone age when monsters stalked the lands, but recent rumors have reach nearby lands that something stirs within the great vertical shaft that leads deep into the land.

character creation: level 1, human only (no variants), random dice generation 4d6 in-order drop the lowest

This is my first offer! -.o
Last edited May 15, 2022 6:01 pm
May 15, 2022 8:58 pm
Works for me...

I'm a terrible negotiator.
May 15, 2022 10:37 pm
I guess my only ask would be that if we do 5e then variant humans be allowed so we don't all have a cookie cutter race template. With a group of mostly fighters and thieves first level feats would add a great range of character diversity.

Also, I'm fine with first level but one of the other players wanted ~3rd and I would be good with that as well.
Last edited May 15, 2022 10:43 pm
May 16, 2022 5:24 am
Sign me up as a warlock. But instead of Warlock think Vegeta.
May 16, 2022 1:36 pm
As long as we're negotiating...

I don't think I'll join if the game starts at 1st or 2nd level. No hard feelings if that's how it goes. I just really find those levels boring.
May 16, 2022 3:54 pm
If this is still open, I'm interested in a human barbarian named Konnan. Level 1 or 3 is fine. 3 is a little more fun than 1.
May 16, 2022 8:16 pm
3 is a lot more fun than 1 but I don't mind building up to that. Really it's because 3 is the level you get to make the first meaningful choice of your character outside just picking the class.
May 17, 2022 2:44 am
No hard feelings at all Tim. I don't know anyone here or what they want, I'm just scanning for interest.

I feel like the characters are defined much more by their personalities than their battle actions, and
I'm hoping to find RP-hungry folks, that want to prioritize cooperative storytelling. I don't give XP for kills, and the level-pacing in this game will be purposefully slow. If that if too boring of a game, no worries.

Character gen was going to be random stats.
Last edited May 17, 2022 9:04 pm
May 17, 2022 4:44 am
Probably not for me then. But you guys give 'em hell.
May 18, 2022 6:21 pm
ooooh kay! I'll have rework something more standard Forgotten Realms, for this site to widen interest. BBL Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.