What flavour of Alien RPG would you like?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Preferred Alien RPG game?

You may select up to 2 options.

Scenario
    Campaign
    Space Trucker
    Colonial Marine
    Cinematic
    Campaign
    Space Truckers
    Colonial Marines
May 19, 2022 10:11 pm
I'm still in the very early stages of trying to get something together for an Alien RPG game. I'm just curious as to what sort of game people would be up for.

So the first two options are: A cinematic scenario (Destroyer of Worlds, Chariot of the Gods); or a home brew campaign with player built characters.

The 3rd and 4th options are for what kind of campaign a player would like to see: Space Truckers; or Colonial Marines.

Please choose one from each pair of options.

(I'm trying to navigate this from a phone and every edit attempt just makes things worse. Ignore the last 4 options, as they were put in when I tried to edit the poll to allow two votes rather than one.)
Last edited May 19, 2022 10:19 pm
May 19, 2022 10:32 pm
I'd be up for a home brew campaign with player created characters.
May 19, 2022 11:40 pm
I prefer player-created characters that are space truckers. I do like the colonial marines, but the average Joe angle seems like it would be more fun to RP.
May 20, 2022 12:03 am
timplausible says:
I prefer player-created characters that are space truckers. I do like the colonial marines, but the average Joe angle seems like it would be more fun to RP.
You know, that would be great idea idea for a campaign. A kind of Firefly-Aliens mash up.
May 20, 2022 12:17 am
Squadfather44 says:

You know, that would be great idea idea for a campaign. A kind of Firefly-Aliens mash up.
"I have ruttin' had it with these gorram aliens."

Actually, the crew of the Betty in "Alien: Resurrection" is kind of proto-Firefly. Not surprising considering Whedon's involvement in the writing.
May 20, 2022 1:08 am
I'd be pretty interested in playing a game as a ragtag group just working for a living. I'd be much, much less interested in playing as a colonial marine squad. Part of the charm of the series, to me, is that the characters are wholly unprepared for the hell they're about to experience, but still manage to figure out tactics in countless Hail Mary's.
May 20, 2022 1:31 am
cowleyc says:
I'd be pretty interested in playing a game as a ragtag group just working for a living. I'd be much, much less interested in playing as a colonial marine squad. Part of the charm of the series, to me, is that the characters are wholly unprepared for the hell they're about to experience, but still manage to figure out tactics in countless Hail Mary's.
Indeed, the ideas for this type of campaign would be off the charts. That is what is so great about the game. Yes, you have the obvious "bug hunt", but you also have the various corporations stinking their noses into everything.
May 20, 2022 4:25 am
Not sure if the vote tallied right. I went with campaign space trucker, and posting her to show my interest.
May 20, 2022 11:39 am
No worries, I'm not sure if i set up the poll right, every time I tried to edit the first post to fix errors, I actually ended up making things worse than they were. LOL!

Though with everyone posting and making it clear, Space Trucker Campaign sounds like it's the very clear winner.
May 20, 2022 11:48 am
For future reference in post polls tend to work better than the thread polls, the Guide to BBcode explains how they work
May 21, 2022 4:54 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
For future reference in post polls tend to work better than the thread polls, the Guide to BBcode explains how they work
Thanks for pointing that out.

To those who showed interest, thank you for you input. I'm going to start putting a campaign together and when I have that hammered out, I'll send invites along to those who responded.
May 25, 2022 2:10 am
Looking for one more interested person to join in on thr slaughter... laughter that will be had with a group of space Truckers plying the space lanes.
May 25, 2022 11:30 am
I'm in - At least until the xenomorphs show up.... :)
May 25, 2022 5:10 pm
Thank you. invite sent.
Last edited May 25, 2022 5:10 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.