First time PbP DM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 21, 2022 5:44 pm
I have DMed virtually and in person but haven’t done a play-by-post game yet and wanted to give it a shot. Also it would serve as a kind of testing ground for the campaign I am working on for my family.

Who would be interested in taking my DMginity?
May 21, 2022 5:58 pm
What kind of game would you be interested in running? System, tone, setting...?
May 21, 2022 6:05 pm
5e and starting low level and working to high (fairly quickly) broad strokes would be land is at war, good vs evil.

Doesn’t have to but unique concept to be fun lol
May 21, 2022 6:07 pm
Welcome to GP. I'm sure you'll find guinea orcs for your campaign. 5e is pretty popular here.
May 21, 2022 6:09 pm
Windyridge says:
Welcome to GP. I'm sure you'll find guinea orcs for your campaign. 5e is pretty popular here.
Oh I have been playing a couple games on here for a year or two. Just decided to try my hand a DMing. Lol
May 21, 2022 6:23 pm
Oooh well hello then and good luck with your campaign.
May 21, 2022 6:59 pm
I would volunteer as tribute if I wasn't already at my limit for game involvement. I'd be glad to help in any other way though.

It was actually on GP that I DMd for the first time, and I've learned so much from the community! Not just general GMing, which you're not new at, but also the PbP aspect of it. All that to say I'm sure you'll get a lot of great help here.

Best of luck!
May 21, 2022 7:36 pm
I am currently GMing my first PBP game since about a week as well.
Not 5e though.

I'll tag along for the ride.
Last edited May 21, 2022 7:37 pm
May 21, 2022 7:58 pm
Interested potentially! I have a character that works in generic fantasy land, unless you have more stringent requirements for what you're looking for.
May 22, 2022 12:09 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I would volunteer as tribute if I wasn't already at my limit for game involvement. I'd be glad to help in any other way though.

It was actually on GP that I DMd for the first time, and I've learned so much from the community! Not just general GMing, which you're not new at, but also the PbP aspect of it. All that to say I'm sure you'll get a lot of great help here.

Best of luck!
I definitely have you on the short list of those to call on when everything is on fire lol
May 22, 2022 12:21 am
I'd be interested! I can whip up a 5e character pretty quickly, and having a fantasy game to balance out the Call of Cthulhu game I'm playing would be nice.
May 22, 2022 2:07 am
Count me in. Let us know if there is any way we can help.
May 24, 2022 10:57 am
Hello Hello, Count me Intrigued, I enjoyed my last game with you and would love to enjoy another!
May 24, 2022 7:08 pm
Hello! I am a semi-new PbP player, and I would love to join! I only have one game going atm, and am looking for another for the times while waiting for the other game to advance. I have a few character ideas that I have been playing with (all with happy/semi-happy backstories too) for 5e. I am not a broody person, and I refuse to play another broody character.
May 24, 2022 11:56 pm
@koldiksteelskin & @elihaun I am currently at 6 players for my current campaign. 8 think would divide the attention to much and short change everyone. So I’m going to work on putting together another game but also keep you both on the short list of replacements to fill a spot if someone drops out
May 27, 2022 5:25 am
I'd love to play. I got characters I can transfer over here quickly so just let me know.
May 30, 2022 1:56 pm
Would you take a first time player?
Jun 9, 2022 6:10 pm
It looks like you're already full, but if spots open up, can I hop in?
Jun 18, 2022 2:56 am
If this is 5e I’m down

You do not have permission to post in this thread.