New to PbP - Ready to jump in!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 1, 2022 10:24 am
Hello everyone,
I'm a long term DM and player of 5e. I've been playing consistently with my group almost every week for almost 5 years but that's coming to an end. I'm moving to another state and I think I'd prefer the PbP format moving forward. I love RPing but I'm going to need my weekends back and honestly a bit more time to think about my character decisions would go a long way for me.
I've played slow online games like Diplomacy before and I know I can stay committed to a daily game for months or longer. Now I just need to find the right group and DM to join!
I've read a couple of the other intro forums and have the gist of it but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway to get started on Gamers Plane.
Who knows! Maybe this post will help me find a group.

I'm open to any and all advice!
Thank you ahead of time for being such a welcoming community!
Jun 1, 2022 10:40 am
Welcome, Moogley!

If you've looked around other intro threads, then I'm sure this is nothing new for you but just in case:

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jun 1, 2022 12:07 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jun 1, 2022 12:31 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Jun 1, 2022 3:39 pm
Welcome Moogley. There have been some long running campaigns on GP, and some continue. Many games are shorter in duration, but the long format game is definitely cherished by many. I hope you find a great one to join!
Jun 1, 2022 3:54 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 1, 2022 7:35 pm
Welcome to the fold!

Len

Jun 1, 2022 10:21 pm
Welcome to the community!
Jun 2, 2022 6:35 am
Welcome to the community, @Moogley! Lots of great games here! I hope you find one that fits.
Jun 2, 2022 5:12 pm
Glad you found the community, Moogley! Welcome, and I hope you dig the format -- it's pure gold, frankly!
Jun 14, 2022 2:35 pm
Welcome moogley. Hope you have an awesome day today. Dnd 5e is awesome! I play it and dm too. Amber
Jun 15, 2022 7:32 pm
Welcome to the fray, Moogley!!!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.