Pool of example charater sheets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 10, 2022 7:48 am
Are they any thread that have all character sheet format ?
Jun 10, 2022 2:55 pm
This is a great time for us to revisit the Public Repository of Character Sheets.

As the main caretaker of the list that Adam linked above, I would love feedback:

- How often these are used?
- Is the list format sufficient?
- Should we separate older "text box" sheets from newer sheets featuring automation tools?
- Do we need more instructions, whether linking to Adam's feature notes, or updating the videos?

Or are you all now mainly using the template system in the Custom sheet system itself? If so, do we need to make better emphasis on creating character sheets picked up by that templating system?
[ +- ] Custom template system
Jun 10, 2022 10:54 pm
- I use them very often. Even if I'm creating a new sheet I use the existing ones as reference.

- I'm not good at website stuff so I don't know of any other way to store the sheets except as a list in the posts. But yeah finding the sheet I want can be a hassle. I should use the search feature more.

- I think separating would be good. Eventually maybe enough people will port over the older style to the newer automated ones. I know I'm working on one or two right now.

- I think the guides are spread out over a few posts. A lot of the sheet information is in the general posting guide, for example. I'd like to see separate guides for each part of the site.
Jun 11, 2022 1:55 pm
I will admit I’ve not kept up with all the improvements to character sheets. Been a busy spring, and I just haven’t had the time to learn the latest and greatest. Love what I see others doing… is there one document or video that lays out all the options?
Jun 11, 2022 2:50 pm
Now we have the charsheet tag I'm not sure the template dropdown is needed. But it would require us to sort out all the old templates and add charsheet= to the old posts.

I think @nezzeraj makes a good point about the guides, but we have to work with our imperfect tools. We keep talking about having a wiki, but I'm not sure that's the right solution for this case anyway.

I like that the repository has a chaotic community crowdsource feel. Anybody can submit a character sheet for their system without needing coding skills or checking things into GitHub. And the disorganised repository showcases some of the niche games. I might be 5e-only, but I really enjoy seeing mouse guard sheets and stuff like that.

Maybe if posts supported hashtags or something to create a dynamic index (if hashtags existed then I might use them in game posts too. #treasure and #clue spring to mind). Dunno.
Jun 11, 2022 3:18 pm
It would be trivial for me with Admin privileges to edit all the character sheets to have both snippet (for the template dropdown) and charsheet versions in the same post. I like the idea of sorting them into old style vs automated.

Then, seeing the older sheets grouped, it would be clear to those who like messing with the codes to update those.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.