Dark theme on header

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm
i love the Dark theme here. wonder why the header color is not turning to dark theme color as well?
Jun 24, 2022 2:31 pm
Why? It's because the styling doesn't get much love.
Jul 5, 2022 6:43 am
Adam says:
Why? It's because the styling doesn't get much love.
. Well, not major or anything. but I normally use a dark theme when I turn my light off. to keeping header grey is not making any sense for me because it still burn my eyes.
Jul 5, 2022 7:28 am
Oh, wow. It is still grey for you guys. I was wondering what the problem was.

I changed it to `#headerBG {background: url("/images/fixedMenuBG.png") top repeat-x; opacity: inherit; box-shadow: none; }`, (and shrunk it down to one row) so long ago that I forgot it was not normal.
Jul 5, 2022 4:05 pm
The dark theme header is blinding if you open a page and are still bleary-eyed from just waking up. It kind of defeats the purpose of the easy-on-the-eyes idea because it's very bright vs the dark background on the rest of the page. Perhaps an even darker grey?
Jul 5, 2022 4:07 pm
I seem to remember that the problem is the dark writing on the logo - it doesn't work on a dark background. If I change that I'm also forcing K to make light and dark versions every time he wants a themed logo.
Jul 5, 2022 4:37 pm
It looks fine to me. Black on red (the same red as the bottom bar) is not a problem. I made the logo smaller so I could shrink the bars.
https://i.imgur.com/FqTdTlA.png

My transparent Avatar has a white border, but that is easy enough to fix. I did not decide on a color to use, and thought transparent looked a bit weird with it hovering on the red background. Maybe a border would help delineate it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.