[Closed] Spire: The City Must Fall

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedSpirePublic4 / weekseifi
You have joined the Ministry of Our Hidden Mistress, a paramilitary cult that worships a forbidden goddess, and sworn in blood to avenge the wrongs placed upon you and your people. You have made an oath to fight the high elves, to subvert and capture their resources, and to take your home back into dark elf hands once more.
It is a cruel and thankless task, and your family would most likely report you to the city guard if they found out what you did at night. But it is a task you have sworn to perform, and you will kill for it. You will die for it, too.

Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm
A fantasy-punk RPG about rebellion, brutality and oppression.
What are you prepared to sacrifice to get what you deserve?

https://i.imgur.com/BPMMDOy.png

The Pitch: You have joined the Ministry of Our Hidden Mistress, a paramilitary cult that worships a forbidden goddess, and sworn in blood to avenge the wrongs placed upon you and your people. You have made an oath to fight the high elves, to subvert and capture their resources, and to take your home back into dark elf hands once more.
It is a cruel and thankless task, and your family would most likely report you to the city guard if they found out what you did at night. But it is a task you have sworn to perform, and you will kill for it. You will die for it, too.

Game system: Spire - the City must fall. All additional material is up for grabs and we may use some of the Campaign Frameworks for inspiration, however the game is expected to be heavily directed by the player characters.

Character Options: Anything from official materials is up for grabs! This includes the newer classes such as the Inksmith, Shadow Agent or the Blood Witch.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: I would like this to be a longer running campaign, so I assume the post frequency will vary. That said, I would like to start around 4-5 posts per week.

Player Experience: None needed! The system is very easy to learn on the go and there are only a few key mechanics the players need to learn.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: This is a game about a paramilitary group trying to break free from oppression, which calls for darker themes to explore. The players will most certainly encounter things like fantasy racism (high elves vs drow), poverty, violence and others.
That said, I intend to fully respect the boundaries set by the players and will ask about them before the game starts.
Last edited June 26, 2022 10:32 am
Jun 23, 2022 6:20 pm
I'm too busy to join, but I just dropped by to say that Spire (and its sibling, Heart) are amazing games. Had the chance to play Spire on these forums for the first time and it's a game I highly recommend.
Jun 24, 2022 10:49 am
I was the one who ran the previous game (unfortunately stopped after losing 2/4 players) and would really like to play! I like most classes and am flexible when it comes to character concept.
Jun 24, 2022 10:57 am
I've heard many things about this game but don't know anything about it. I would love to give it a try.
Jun 24, 2022 11:33 am
Aironfabio says:
I was the one who ran the previous game (unfortunately stopped after losing 2/4 players) and would really like to play! I like most classes and am flexible when it comes to character concept.
Yes! He was a great GM and will really add a lot to the group, recruit Aironfabio for this game!
Jun 24, 2022 11:40 am
Here to echo that Aironfabio the GM and Dark Raider who played were awesome in the game! I also only have good things to say about the game system, so much lore to lean into.

(Inspired by something that Nezzaraj is doing, I wonder what would happen if a GM ran Spire and another ran Heart, and paths crossed ...)
Jun 24, 2022 2:03 pm
interested. I have been read and play heart the city beneath once. please count me in want to be revolutionary now :)
Jun 24, 2022 3:08 pm
Happy to see so much love for the system! I fell in love with it as soon as I first opened the book.

Now if I understand correctly, we currently have:

Aironfabio
Nezzeraj
Huttyman

I will set the game up tomorrow, happy to have ya!
Jun 24, 2022 3:15 pm
BedzoneII says:
Inspired by something that Nezzaraj is doing, I wonder what would happen if a GM ran Spire and another ran Heart, and paths crossed ...
Could certainly be interesting! I had a Heart game in mind as well, but I would be willing to collaborate with somebody else instead!

Also can't wait to try out Hollows - I signed up for the playtest, the pitch looks pretty darn good (and highly compatible with Heart if ye ask me).
Last edited June 24, 2022 3:16 pm
Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm
I've been eyeing spire in my local gaming store for over a year, so would be interested in at least watching. I'm in a few games right now, so happy for others to nab any remaining spots first though
Jun 24, 2022 5:13 pm
I've been wanting to play Heart forever, more than Spire even. Right now I'm at my limit of games I can participate in, but I'd be interested to be involved in any preparation for a potential Heart game and hopefully participate in it at some later time.
Jun 25, 2022 7:34 am
Would love to be a part of this game if any spots are left! I have been meaning to play spire after a previous game based on the same system fell through. ^_^
Jun 25, 2022 2:34 pm
I believe that concludes the recruitment, the invites have been sent. Looking forward to this!
Jun 26, 2022 2:46 am
You can edit the first post to add "closed" to the title so people will know.
Sep 19, 2022 4:49 pm
Hoping this happens again! I have the book and a character ready -- only got one game in before the group disbanded 😭

You do not have permission to post in this thread.