Recruiting- Temple of Elemental Evil (5e D&D)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 26, 2022 7:05 pm
https://i.imgur.com/N1WqMix.jpg

✅ This will be a 5th edition D&D version of the classic module The Temple of Elemental Evil. It will carry PCs from 1st level to 7th level. One thing that must be noted up front: My wife is blind and I serve as her eyes. I take dictation for her emails and read them to her, and I do all the driving, as well as a lot of other little things. I will try to post as often as the players do but sometimes, real-life must take precedence. My wife must come first! If I will be unavailable to post for a week or more, I will alert you prior to this happening.

✅ The village of Hommlet thrives again. Years ago, this quaint village nearly fell prey to a great, neighboring evil. The nearby Temple of Elemental Evil, a grand edifice of wickedness, was defeated after a great battle and thrown into ruin forever... or was it? Bandits have started to ride the roads again, and there are other ominous signs afoot. It is whispered that the demonic evil at the heart of the Temple was not truly conquered, but merely imprisoned. Even now, agents of evil, malevolent beasts, and far worse creatures are conspiring to return the Temple to power and enslave the surrounding lands. Hommlet and the neighboring ruins may hold clues, but not everyone is to be trusted. Surely danger lies hidden in this idyllic region.

Sharpen your swords and axes. Purchase your iron rations and tinderboxes. And don't forget at least one 10-foot pole. Great adventure awaits those that dare confront the Temple of Elemental Evil!

https://i.imgur.com/fAilvK9.jpg

✅ There may be some adult and/or controversial themes in this adventure. While I don't specifically know of any such material, I want it to be known that it might exist. In general, we will keep things to a PG-13 level. Violence will not be explicitly described and if things get spicy, we will "fade to black."

✅ Characters will begin at 1st level. You may draw upon the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything in creating your character. Other sources are not permitted. You may be of any alignment except chaotic evil, but do keep in mind that you are supposed to be heroes, not villains.

✅ This game will encompass the whole of the module and nothing else. After the completion of the module, the game will end. I will try to post as often as the players do and expect a minimum of three posts per week, but the pace may get a little slow at times.

✅ No specialized resources will be required. Much of the action will be theater of the mind, though I will post a running map for the benefit of the players.

https://i.imgur.com/LXY1enK.jpg

✅ This game is open to anyone interested who will be in it for the long haul.

✅ I do not have an application process, but I do have only six slots and five are filled by persons of interest. The 6th slot will go to the first person to request it.

✅ This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

✅ The game forum can be found at this link.

https://i.imgur.com/yEGONn6.png
Last edited May 24, 2023 10:25 pm
Jun 26, 2022 7:34 pm
Well. WhtKnt. I give you interest in playing 5e version of The Temple of Elemental Evil.
Jun 26, 2022 9:05 pm
This is so fun. I'm playing through it right now. I'm using the GG deluxe books for the expanded details but using OSE rules to run it. I won't join since I'm already part way through, but I'd be interested in reading the story if you make it public.
Jun 26, 2022 9:15 pm
I'm definitely interested! Remember playing the old PC game back in the day, would be neat to try the actual game.
Jun 27, 2022 2:16 am
I would be interested in this. Though I've been playing D&D since the 80s, I never ran or played the original module. So I'd be a newbie to the classic, despite being a classic (i.e. old clunker) myself.
Jun 27, 2022 9:44 am
I would be very interested in this as well. Played the PC Game but missed playing the original campaign.
Jun 27, 2022 3:46 pm
Okay, let me get things set up and I'll run it. I'll send invites to the ones who have stated their interest.
Jun 27, 2022 6:18 pm
Wow. That looks great! I'd jump in if I weren't already drowning.
Jun 27, 2022 7:17 pm
I am interested as well, but do bare in mind I am new with this website, but not dnd as a whole
Jun 27, 2022 7:26 pm
And that's six. See you all in the forum.
Jun 30, 2022 8:44 am
I am interested if anyone drops out or you are able to stretch to 7 players. :-)
Jun 30, 2022 5:28 pm
I will certainly keep you in mind, Grezen. If we have a dropout, you're in! Those wanting to watch the game proceed for whatever reason can find it at the link above. It is a public game.
Jul 1, 2022 8:52 am
NOOOOOOOOO! I missed this!

If you ever need a backup’s backup :)
Mar 25, 2023 8:39 pm
I'm calling in favors: I want to continue this adventure because I enjoy it so, but we seem to be suffering from a curse akin to all PbP. To that end, I am looking for replacement players for this game. They are currently exploring the abandoned moathouse and new players will be dropped right in with suspension of disbelief. This game does not move quickly, but it is fairly steady. I can use up to four replacements.
Mar 26, 2023 2:40 pm
Hello! I would love to join if that's possible.
What kind of character does the party need?
Mar 26, 2023 4:04 pm
I am interested in filling up a role whatever the party needs.
Mar 26, 2023 4:37 pm
Alright, that will be enough. Thank you. Everyone who asked has been sent an invite.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.