Hello - Newbie here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 27, 2022 8:00 pm
I found this site through the How 2 RPG youtube channel. Watched an interview where they recommended GamersPlane. I've been playing TTRPG on and off for the last twenty years. I'm essentially brand new to PBP. I tried once giving PBP a try, but the action happened very quickly. The game lasted maybe two weeks as the GM killed off our characters pretty fast. Kind of avoided it after that. That was ~10 years ago. The tooling looks like it has improved significantly since then. I want to give it an honest shot as I'll be doing a lot of travel over the next year or so.

Right now I primarily run/play in PF2e and Starfinder, but I enjoy lots of systems. I've read through the different instructions, but still figuring out the best way to figure out how to jump into a game. Right now I think my strategy is to kind of lurk for a few weeks and hope something new comes up to join something from the start. But feel free to give advice or links that I might have missed.

Cheers,
Jun 27, 2022 8:08 pm
Welcome, neoanomally!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jun 27, 2022 9:24 pm
Welcome to GP, neoanomally!
Jun 27, 2022 9:47 pm
Welcome neoanomally!
Jun 27, 2022 9:59 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jun 27, 2022 10:03 pm
Huānyíng!!!
Jun 27, 2022 11:02 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jun 28, 2022 12:39 am
neoanomally says:
but the action happened very quickly. The game lasted maybe two weeks as the GM killed off our characters pretty fast.
Brilliant... stealing.

Anyway, welcome!
Jun 28, 2022 2:09 am
Welcome Aboard!
Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Wait, I did not post here? That's weird, I'm sure I did... Oh well, anyways, hello and welcome!
Jun 28, 2022 4:58 pm
Welcome!
Jun 28, 2022 9:47 pm
Welcome to the fold!
Jun 28, 2022 10:14 pm
Welcome to GP, neoanomally! Sorry your first experience with PbP didn't go so well. Definitely lurk on a few games, see what's what, you'll be part of a cool game in no time.
Jun 29, 2022 8:59 am
Welcome to the community, @neoanomally!
Jun 29, 2022 12:28 pm
Welcome :)
Jul 1, 2022 3:20 am
Thanks for the warm welcome! Signed up for my first game! Looking forward to gaming with this community.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.