[Interest Check] Star Wars 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 28, 2022 1:02 am
Hi all! I'm new to GP, but I've been lurking for a bit. I figured I should finally jump in!

I'm looking to see if there is interest in a Star Wars 5e game. I love Star Wars and have always wanted to run a game in universe. I'm new to the system and pbp, but I've played and been a GM for D&D 5e before.

[System]
Star Wars 5e - an overhaul of D&D 5e reskinned for Star Wars.

[Setting]
TBD. The Old Republic would be my preference, something akin to KOTOR and KOTOR2, but I also like The Clone Wars and The Age of Rebellion.

[Rules]
See rules at sw5e.com.
I need to familiarize myself with the SW5e rules before I decide on any restrictions.

[Frequency]
At most one post per day, at least one post every other day.

[Duration]
I'm going to start off doing a short one-shot style campaign. I need to get my space legs under me before I'm comfortable committing to something more long term. If all goes well, I will definitely be doing more!

[Inclusion]
All people of all walks of life are welcome at my 'table' as long as you follow Wheaton's Law.
New players (both to 5e and pbp) are also welcome.

[Interested?]
If you are interested, please comment! Include your preferred era to play in, as well as who your favorite Star Wars character is (no judgement). If I get enough interest, I will write up a good scenario and post a formal recruiting thread.
Jun 28, 2022 3:16 am
I've never played SW5e but I've played a lot of 5e and I've been a Star Wars fan for most of my life. I can be on board for the Old Republic, I enjoyed both KOTOR and the MMO, but I ain't picky. There are too many characters to choose from, so a few that stand out are Revan (I know, I know), Cad Bane, Darth Maul and Ashoka Tano (Very late in the Clone Wars or in the Mandalorian). I'll try to read a little about the system
Jun 28, 2022 6:40 am
I would love to so some Starwars. I do have other games, so I should not be in the front line for this game. On the other hand, I will be able to offer GP tips and tricks, like using a lot of the features like battle maps and integrated character sheets.

For era I prefer the old republic before order 66, as I would like to play a Jedi adventure

favorite character
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.SwKOLh2nQ3MOaBatVciVMAHaIL%26pid%3DApi&f=1
Last edited June 28, 2022 1:19 pm
Jun 28, 2022 8:50 am
This indeed sounds interesting. While I prefer the setting to be close to Rebellion Era, I have no qualms about being some sort of archaeologist during the Old Republic era. My favourite characters would be Wedge Antilles, Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress.
Jun 28, 2022 10:29 am
I would like to participate! I'm quite familiar with 5e and pretty familiar with Star Wars, but I've never played Star Wars 5e. I am happy with any Era.

Favorite Light Side: Qui-Gon Jinn, Chewbacca

Favorite Grey: Jolee Bindo

Favorite Dark Side: Darth Maul
Jun 28, 2022 10:37 am
Yes!

Jedi Civil War Era

Canderous is my favorite.

I would probably play a force sensitive mandalorian sniper type. Barring that a martial artist
Last edited June 28, 2022 10:38 am
Jun 28, 2022 12:06 pm
I love Star Wars and I've dabbled with the SW5E rules but sadly never got a game off the ground in it so I would love to participate!

Era I'm pretty neutral about, each has its own charms I think. As long as the story isn't fully Jedi-centric I'm sure I'll love it.

My favorite characters are Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt. I got a thing for villains. :D
Last edited June 28, 2022 12:07 pm
Jun 29, 2022 12:31 am
Thank you all for your interest! I’m loving everyone’s favorite characters. I will spend some time writing up a scenario and post a recruiting thread in the next few days.

For anyone interested, my current favorite Star Wars character is Ashoka Tano (after she left the Jedi). Though, that’s probably only because I recently finished another run through of Rebels.
Jun 29, 2022 5:43 am
MisterTimbers says:
For anyone interested, my current favorite Star Wars character is Ashoka Tano (after she left the Jedi). Though, that’s probably only because I recently finished another run through of Rebels.
She has a really good character development through out the series
Jul 14, 2022 1:40 pm
I’d love to join this game too! Lifelong fan of Star Wars, both the movies and the video games (KOTOR was probably the most memorable video game of my youth). I’m not too familiar with SW5e, but very much willing to learn.

Depending on the setting I’d be very interested in playing a non-typical class. I’m thinking a Scholar reluctantly thrust into adventure, who may eventually find that knowledge is extremely useful in a galaxy with millions of sentient species and a rich and surprisingly well-documented history…
Jul 14, 2022 2:36 pm
I would be interested! I love the old republic setting (just finished the Revan book earlier this year), and am interested. I prefer to play as a trooper/rebel, as I think Jedi/sith are a bit overdone.
Jul 14, 2022 9:08 pm
I would definitely be interested; the system changes look interesting and I do love myself some Old Republic setting.
Jul 17, 2022 1:31 am
This looks very cool. I'm familiar with 5e, Star Wars and GP.

If I were to play. I would look at making a human consular sage.
Jul 27, 2022 11:19 am
Any update on thus? Any openings? I'd love to do some Star Wars not set during the movies.
Jul 27, 2022 7:48 pm
The_Librarian says:
Any update on thus? Any openings? I'd love to do some Star Wars not set during the movies.
Second this, would love to join if this game or any other SW5e game opens up :)
Jul 27, 2022 7:54 pm
If you look at MrTimers name you will see Zzz. This means he has not logged in the last 14 days. This game is properly not going to happen
Jul 27, 2022 7:55 pm
As it is the OP has been inactive for a while. I PM'd him about two and a half weeks ago to check in on progress and he was preparing a module. Not sure if that's still in the works, but I haven't heard otherwise.
Aug 2, 2022 1:27 pm
runekyndig says:
If you look at MrTimers name you will see Zzz. This means he has not logged in the last 14 days. This game is properly not going to happen
I see what you mean, but it is a very good idea, and several people interested.. I would also join!
Would anyone else take the DM seat for this one?
I'm sure that, whenever MrTimers comes back, he can either join as PC, or start another adventure a "few systems" away from this one.
Aug 2, 2022 1:46 pm
I’d be interested in this if it gets going. Big Star Wars fan and I think 5e is a flexible enough system to handle it.

Era wise I’d prefer seeds of the rebellion time. Like the years leading up to the Death Star blowing up Alderaan.

But I could hang in any era.
Last edited August 2, 2022 1:51 pm
Aug 5, 2022 11:17 pm
A long dark hooded cloak appears at the tavern's entrance. Dark as a shade, red as blood. And walks slowly to the robot at the drinks bar.
A hoarse voice, deep toned, barely listenable to the droid only, comes from under the hood "Where should I sign?"
The rest of the patreons are unaware of the lightsable handle hunging in his belt. Even more anaware that those who confront him are able to see but a glimpse of the reddish light it shines before their life is drained from their bodies.

----
I've never played this setting, I'd be happy to give it a try.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.